PřF:C9950 Seminar FGP - Course Information
C9950 Seminar of the Dept. Functional genomics and ProteomicsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Jiří Fajkus, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Jan Hejátko, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Zbyněk Zdráhal, Dr. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Lenka Fajkusová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Miroslav Fojta, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Martina Dvořáčková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. Mgr. Martin Lysák, Ph.D., DSc. (seminar tutor)
Tomasz Nodzynski, B.A., M.Sc., Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Jan Paleček, Dr. rer. nat. (seminar tutor)
Helene Robert Boisivon, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Karel Říha, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jiří Fajkus, CSc.
National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jiří Fajkus, CSc.
Supplier department: National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- C9950/01: Mon 9:00–10:50 B11/205
C9950/02: Mon 13:00–14:50 B11/305
- The necessity is an enrollment into one of the seminar groups (01- "Fajkus" group and students from groups whose supervisors do not create their own seminar group officially, 02 - "Hejatko", 03 - "Helene Robert-Boisivon", 04 - "Tomasz Nodzynski"), depending on the "laboratory classification". The seminar is being taught in English. The matter of the seminar are presentations of results of scientific work performed by employees and students, namely of the Ph.D. students in the field of Genomics and Proteomics.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 14 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main objectives of the course:
To learn how to present own results and how to critically discuss scientific results
To obtain overview on research profile of the Department.
- Learning outcomes
- By passing the subject, the student will be able to:
- present his own results;
- critically assess and discuss the others' results;
- make an overview on research projects being solved at the Department and in the study programme
- Presentation of bachelor works according to schedule
- Presentation of diploma works according to schedule
- Presentation of dissertation theses according to schedule
- Presentations of research workers according to schedule
- Pre-conference presentations
- Reports from scientific conferences
- ZDRÁHAL, Zbyněk and Jiří FAJKUS. Hmotnostní spektrometrie a proteomika (Mass spectrometry and proteomics). Klin. Biochem. Metab. Praha: Česká lékařská společnost J.Ev.Purkyně, 2007, 15/36, No 3, p. 132-137. ISSN 1210-7921. info
- SÝKOROVÁ, Eva, Andrew Rowland LEITCH and Jiří FAJKUS. Asparagales telomerases which synthesize the human type of telomeres. Plant Molecular Biology. Dordrecht: Springer, 2006, vol. 60, jaro, p. 633-646. ISSN 0167-4412. info
- SÝKOROVÁ, Eva, K.Y. LIM, Zuzana KUNICKÁ, M.W. CHASE, M.D. BENNETT, Jiří FAJKUS and A.R. LEITCH. Telomere variability in the monocotyledonous plant order Asparagales. PROCEEDINGS OF THE ROYAL SOCIETY OF LONDON SERIES B-BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES. London: ROYAL SOC LONDON, 2003, Neuveden, No 270, p. 1893-1904. ISSN 0962-8452. info
- Teaching methods
- Teaching of the presentations of own results and the ability to defend them in front of the other participants of the course.
- Assessment methods
- Seminar is concluded with credit based on participation in seminars (min.80%) and presentations given in seminars (min. 1 per term). Students who could not make their presentation during the term have to send their presentation to the course guarantor in the end of the term.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.