PřF:MGGA Groups generated by automata - Course Information
MGGA Groups generated by automataFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/6. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Prof. Benjamin Steinberg (lecturer), doc. RNDr. Libor Polák, CSc. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Libor Polák, CSc.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives (in Czech)
- If T is a transducer such that each state computes an invertible function from A*->A*, then one can generate a group from the states of the automata. We give an introduction to some of the techniques and basic results in the subject. The first two lectures will establish the basic theory. The last lecture will survey some of the applications of the theory without proofs.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught only once.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2009/MGGA