PřF:F7271 Astroph. data proc. methods - Course Information
F7271 Astrophysical data processing methodsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Miroslav Jagelka (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Zdeněk Mikulášek, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Zdeněk Mikulášek, CSc.
Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Zdeněk Mikulášek, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 17. 9. to Fri 14. 12. Fri 8:00–9:50 Fcom,01034
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course the student will be able to treat astrophysical data and derive from them demanded results including their uncertainties.
- The descriptive statistics and its tools, normal distribution a deflections from it. The regress analysis - regress models, the method of maximum likelihood, the least square method, linear and non-linear regression, orthogonalisation of regress models, robust regression, the bootstrap. Correlation analysis, the principal component method and its application. The analysis of time series - periodic and aperiodic processes.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, excercises.
- Assessment methods
- Based on 'Studijní a zkušební řád Masarykovy univerzity', chapter 9, section 2 the attendance on excercises is required. Lectures are non-compulsory, excercices are compulsory. The final mark will be set on the basis of the results from continuous homework.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
General note: S.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2018/F7271