PdF:TI1002 Materials and Technology - Woo - Course Information
TI1002 Materials and Technology - Wood, PlasticsFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. PhDr. Zdeněk Friedmann, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Petr Vybíral, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Zdeněk Friedmann, CSc.
Department of Technical Education and Information Science - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Mgr. Petr Vybíral, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Technical Education and Information Science - Faculty of Education
- Mon 13:55–14:40 učebna 28
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Technology and IT Education (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Technology and IT Education (programme PdF, B-TV)
- Technology and IT for Education (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Course objectives
- Learning outcomes of the course unit The aim of the subject is to acquire knowledge and skills in recognizing tree species according to macroscopic and microscopic features and defining the physical, technological and mechanical properties of wood. The subject also focuses on sawmill products, the distribution of plastics in terms of their properties, types of adhesives and paints and impregnation materials and deals with the description of modern technologies of wood and plastic processing. The exercise focuses on wood processing technologies and the development of knowledge and skills in working with tools and tools. Exercises are also examples of work with electric hand tools and woodworking machines.
- Students: Explain the essence of woodworking and learn the basics of determining wood species according to macroscopic features. They define the physical, mechanical and technological properties of wood. Explains and identifies wood defects and wood durability. They identify types of plastics and natural and synthetic macromolecular substances. They define the general properties of plastics, paints and adhesives. They will acquire the principles of working with measuring, drawing and checking tools, cutting tools, fastening and pressing tools, and maintenance and auxiliary tools. It determines the types and principles of construction joints and other elements of wood joining. It explains the principles of working with electric hand tools and woodworking machines. They will design suitable types of coating and impregnation materials for the surface treatment of wood. Syllabus of lectures: 1st and 2nd week: Forest as a source of wood, wood building. 3rd and 4th week: Physical and mechanical properties of wood. Weeks 5 and 6: Technological properties of wood, wood durability and wood enhancing agents, impregnation and coating materials. 7th and 8th week: Wood defects, description and use of selected wood of our production trees. 9th and 10th week: Introduction to wood technology (wood primary and secondary production, sawmilling, wood drying and storage, veneer, lumber and agglomerated materials, large-area materials). Weeks 11 and 12: The nature and distribution of plastics, natural and synthetic macromolecular substances, general properties of plastics, descriptions of selected types of plastics, types of paints. Syllabus of exercises: Week 1 and 2: Introduction to Material Processing Technology. 3rd and 4th week: Measuring, drawing and control tools, fastening and pressing tools. 5th and 6th week: Cutting tools and maintenance and auxiliary tools. 7th and 8th week: Electric hand tools for woodworking and woodworking machines. 9th and 10th week: Impregnation of wood and wood coatings. 11th and 12th week: Wood joining, grinding and maintenance of woodworking tools.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, practical exercises, student presentations.
- Assessment methods
- Written test, oral exam, presentation of given topic.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 h. konz./sem. (komb. stud.).
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses