PřF:C7350 MS of proteins - practice - Course Information
C7350 Protein characterisation using mass spectrometry - practiceFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Zbyněk Zdráhal, Dr. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Zbyněk Zdráhal, Dr.
National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Zbyněk Zdráhal, Dr.
Supplier department: National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
- Fri 9:00–9:50 C05/114
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
C7350/02: No timetable has been entered into IS. Z. Zdráhal
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- NOW ( C7250 Mass spectrometry of proteins )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 31 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aims of this practical course are to explain principles of methods for protein identification using MS and MS/MS data, to train students in utilization of appropriate database search engines for protein identifications and to explain basics of MS/MS spektra interpretation.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should be able to:
understand basics of protein identification based on MS a MS/MS data;
select and use correct search software for identification of proteins;
understand basics of interpretation of MS/MS spektra.
- Interpretation of MS data;
- Interpretation of MALDI-MS/MS and ESI-MS/MS data;
- Protein identification based on MS and MS/MS data;
- Introduction into de novo sequencing;
- Characterisation of protein modifications - determination of type and site;
- recommended literature
- SNYDER, Peter A. Interpreting protein mass spectra :a comprehensive resource. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000. xi, 522 s. ISBN 0-8412-3571-6. info
- Teaching methods
- practical work with data using PC
- Assessment methods
- individual processing of test data
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2021/C7350