doktorský prezenční se specializací
Zahrnut v programu: PřF D-MAA_ Mathematics and Statistics
Státní doktorská zkouška a obhajoba disertační práce
Before submitting an application for the state doctoral exam, the candidate must have fulfilled all the obligations set out in the individual study plan to this milestone.
The state doctoral exam is oral and is held in the following areas of mathematics. The field committee will select three topics based on the suggestion of the advisor.
- Qualitative theory of ordinary differential equations
- Linear functional analysis
- Nonlinear functional analysis
- Measure theory and integration
- Calculus of variations and optimization theory
- Theory of fixed points and its applications
- Topic related to the dissertation thesis
The dissertation must contain own original and published results or results accepted for publication.
Studijní a výzkumné povinnosti
The student passes at least four semester courses during the study, which are outside of the topic of the dissertation (5-15% of the total workload).
Upon agreement with the advisor, a separate study will focus on broadening the knowledge in the given field and on special parts required for the dissertation.
- Dissertation preparation - takes place during the whole study period and constitutes 60-70% of the workload
- Publications – As a standard in this field it is expected that the student will be the author or co-author of at least two quality publications in peer reviewed international journals, from which at least one publication will be in a journal with impact factor.
- Pedagogical activities (participation in teaching) – the student can take part in supervising bachelor theses, conducting seminars, etc., up to a maximum of 150 hours per study (5-10% of the workload)
- The results of the dissertation must be presented orally in English at an international forum. The expected extent of this activity is about 5-15% of the total workload.
- Student will actively participate in the seminar of this specialization (5-10% of the workload).
The duties in the doctoral study program include the completion of a part of the study at a foreign institution in the duration of at least one month, or some other form of student's direct participation in international cooperation.