Státní doktorská zkouška a obhajoba disertační práce
Before submitting an application for a state doctoral exam, the doctoral candidates must have fulfilled all the obligations set out in the individual study plan to this milestone. They must also prepare at least one original article on the topic of the Ph.D. work. The State Doctoral Examination has three components:
- history of mathematics,
- teaching mathematics.
Particular emphasis is placed on the part corresponding to the focus of the dissertation.
Before finishing the doctoral study, the student must prepare at least two original articles on the topic of the Ph.D. work and have a contribution or lecture in a foreign language at some international scientific event. The dissertation must include original and published results or results accepted for publication.
Studijní a výzkumné povinnosti
The student has at least four semester courses during the study outside of the dissertation's focus (5-15% of the total workload).
Upon agreement with the supervisor, a separate study will focus on broadening the knowledge of the given field and on the special parts required for the dissertation.
- Dissertation preparation - takes place during the whole study period and constitutes 60-70% of the workload.
- Publishing - consists of at least two articles in reviewed journals, accounting for about 10% of the workload.
- Pedagogical activities (participation in teaching) - PhD students can participate in exercises and seminars, referee bachelor's theses, etc., up to a maximum of 150 hours of study (up to 10% of the workload).
- Participation in the conference - a statement or a lecture at one international conference.
- Regular attendance at a constitutional seminar on didactics and math history with one 90 minute performance (5-10% of the workload).
One of the study duties in this program is the completion of a part of the study at a foreign institution lasting at least one month or another form of direct student participation in international cooperation.