doctoral full-time specialized
Included in the programme: LF D-FARM_A Pharmacology
Final state doctoral examination and defence of the doctoral thesis
REQUIREMENTS FOR STATE DOCTORAL EXAM:
The state doctoral exam demonstrates the basic knowledge of common pharmacology, detailed knowledge in relation to specific aspects of the dissertation topic, including experimental methods and new trends.
The State Doctoral Exam consists of an Examining Board.
A necessary prerequisite for the submission of the final state doctoral examination application is the fulfilment of all the requirements determined by the doctoral board. At the latest, on the date of submitting the application, the student must submit the doctoral thesis statements (if they are determined by the decision of the doctoral board). The state doctoral examination will then proceed within one year after the submission of the application. Commonly, a part of the state doctoral examination is the discussion regarding the statements of the doctoral thesis, unless stated otherwise by the doctoral board or doctoral committee.
The state doctoral examination and the defense of the doctoral thesis are carried out according to the MU SZŘ, Articles 31, 32 and 33.
FORMAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DISSERTATION:
Doctoral studies are completed by writing the dissertation thesis and its defense. The following study and research duties must be fulfilled before defense of the dissertation.
The preparation of the dissertation includes especially participation in educational events, literature studies, preparation of an own project, work on an own project, data collection, sample processing, lecture presentation and clinical practice.
Partial results of the dissertation are presented in clinical seminars.
The standards of dissertation theses at LF MU are regulated by the Dean's Directive No. 5/2021 "Guidelines on the formal requirements of dissertation theses prepared at the MU Faculty of Medicine"
Requirements of the study
The basis of the doctoral studies at the Faculty of Medicine of the MU is the procedural pursuit of preparation of the doctoral thesis in close and regular interaction with the tutor and supplemented by the faculty-wide applicable terms for completing the postgraduate studies.
Before the defence of the doctoral thesis is performed, the following conditions need to be met:
- fulfil the requirements of the given individual study plan
- complete at least 4 courses of a common basis
- complete at least 4 subject-area courses (within the competence of the doctoral board)
- meet the publication activity requirements at least in the specified range (see below)
- undergo an internship abroad (with the duration of at least one month)
- present original data at an international conference
- submit the doctoral thesis
- pass the final state doctoral examination
- acquire the total amount of 240 credits over the course of studies (in case the MU study and examination regulations change, the credit system may be bypassed at the discretion of the doctoral board).
The participation in teaching can then only reach the maximum of 150 hours/4 years
The common courses encompass the stated fields of scientific knowledge and capabilities. They can be completed as a part of the organised courses at the MU (with cooperation with CEITEC, Faculty of Science, etc.).
Every doctoral student enrolled at LF MU after 1 September 2023 is required to take an online course FR_p2023 FRESHERS: Skills for Research Careers.
Completion of the course DSEBRa Ethics of Biomedical Research is highly recommended for all Ph.D. candidates of the Faculty of Medicine.
THE FIELDS OF STUDY COURSES OF A COMMON BASIS:
1. Scientific Information, medicine based on evidence
2. Ethical and legal aspects of research
3. Organisation of research projects and clinical trials
4. Data analysis (e.g. the Analysis of Clinical Data courses)
5. Publication, presentation and grant-related skills
6. Computer Network User
CURRICULUM-SPECIFIC LECTURES – REQUIRED COURSES
o Pharmacovigilance and Pharmaceutical Safety
o Specialised Pharmacokinetics
o Clinical Studies Methodology and Basics of Biostatistics
o Regulatory Specifics of Advanced Therapeutic Medicines (Pharmaceuticals for somatic cell and gene therapy, and tissue engineering
Proposal of dissertation topics and topics of defended dissertations
Pharmacoeconomics, Medical Technology Assessment, e-Health
The drug regulation in the clinical trials area, pharmacovigilance, pricing and setting of the insurance coverage of pharmaceuticals
Research in the area of pharmaceuticals intended for modern therapy (Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products) focusing on somatic cell therapy