Included in the programme: LF D-SIME Healthcare Simulation
Final state doctoral examination and defence of the doctoral thesis
REQUIREMENTS FOR STATE DOCTORAL EXAM:
Answering questions from the areas of teaching methodology (high-fidelity, low-fidelity simulation, virtual patients, Team-Based Leaning - TBL, Problem-Based Learning - PBL), evaluation, technology. Detailed knowledge of parts of the field according to the topic of the dissertation.
One of the conditions for permitting the doctoral student to defend the dissertation is at least one first-author publication in a journal with an IF value above the median of the field or two first-author publications in a journal with an IF value in the 3rd quartile of the dissertation field (Q3). The WoS category corresponds with the dissertation topic.
Another condition for applying for State Doctoral Exam is fulfilling all obligations set by the Doctoral Board. In case they are required by the decision of the Doctoral Board, the student must submit the main arguments of the dissertation at the latest together with the application. The State Doctoral Exam takes place within a year since the submission of the application. A discussion of the main arguments of the dissertation is usually a part of the State Doctoral Exam unless the Doctoral Board makes a different decision.
The state doctoral examination and the defense of the doctoral thesis are carried out according to the MU SZŘ, Articles 31, 32 and 33.
FORMAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DISSERTATION:
Doctoral studies are completed by writing the dissertation thesis and its defense. The following study and research duties must be fulfilled before defense of the dissertation.
The preparation of the dissertation includes especially participation in educational events, literature studies, preparation of an own project, work on an own project, data collection, sample processing, lecture presentation and clinical practice.
Partial results of the dissertation are presented in clinical seminars.
The formal requirements for the dissertation are modified according to directive of the dean Nařízení děkana LF MU 3/2013 s platností od 1. 10. 2013 is.muni.cz/do/med/uredni_deska/pravni_normy/smernice_dekana/2013/3-2013-smerniceLFMU_disertacni_prace_final.pdf
Requirements of the study
The basis of the doctoral studies at the Faculty of Medicine of the MU is the procedural pursuit of preparation of the doctoral thesis in close and regular interaction with the tutor and supplemented by the faculty-wide applicable terms for completing the postgraduate studies.
Before the defense of the doctoral thesis is performed, the following conditions need to be met:
- fulfil the requirements of the given individual study plan
- complete at least 5 fields of study courses of a common basis
The standard courses encompass the stated fields of scientific knowledge and capabilities. They can be completed as a part of the organised courses at the MU (with cooperation with CEITEC, Faculty of Science, etc.) or through the analogical external courses (e.g., The Course in the Fundamentals of Research Work Administered by the CAS).
THE FIELDS OF STUDY COURSES OF A COMMON BASIS:
1. Scientific Information, medicine based on evidence (e.g., the Medicine Based on Scientific Proof course)
2. Ethical and legal aspects of research (e.g., the Bio-medicinal Research Ethics, Law, Ethics and Philosophy in Science courses)
3. Organisation of research projects and clinical trials (e.g., the Planning, Organisation, and Evaluation of Clinical Studies courses)
4. Data analysis (e.g., the Analysis of Clinical Data courses)
5. Publication, presentation, and grant-related skills (e.g., the Art of Research and Scientific Writing courses)
6. Computer Network User
- complete at least 4 subject-area courses (within the competence of the doctoral board)
- meet the publication activity requirements at least in the specified range (see below)
- undergo an internship abroad (with the duration of at least one month), alternatively participate in an international project (attendance at the regular project team meetings is mandatory)
- present original data at an international conference
- submit the doctoral thesis
- pass the final state doctoral examination
-acquire the total amount of 240 credits throughout studies (if the MU study and examination regulations change, the credit system may be bypassed at the discretion of the doctoral board).
The participation in teaching can then only reach the maximum of 150 hours/4 years
- Debriefing in simulation medicine I
- Debriefing in simulation medicine II
- Possibilities of using virtual patients for undergraduate teaching
- Introduction to the creation of virtual patients for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching
- The creation and use of OSCE (objective structured clinical examination)
- Introduction to TBL
- Low-fidelity simulation in teaching
- High-fidelity simulation in teaching
- Lecturer of a postgraduate Simulation course