Státní doktorská zkouška a obhajoba disertační práce
Requirements for the state doctoral examination
A general grasp of solid state physics and related fields in the extent determined individually with regard to the topic of the dissertation thesis. Detailed knowledge of the following topics:
- structure of crystals and non-crystallic solids
- electronic and vibrational states of condensed matter
- X-ray and optical methods
Requirement for the dissertation thesis
- usually contains an overview of the current state of knowledge about the problem
- it must contain the students' original results presented articulately and in sufficient detail.
- the thesis may contain already published results obtained by the author of the dissertation. It must be absolutely clear which are the students' own results and which are already known findings.
- the thesis usually contains a discussion and a proposal of further study in the given field
Studijní a výzkumné povinnosti
The preparation of the dissertation takes place during the whole duration of the studies and comprises at least 60% of the workload.
During the second semester at the latest the students in concert with their advisors create their Individual Study Plan (ISP) and present it for approval to the PhD comission.
At the end of the 3rd year of study i.e. 6th semester at the latest the student
- have passed all theoretical preparation examinations (obligatory ones and the ones chosen with the advisor in the ISP) comprising approximately 20% of the workload (point 4 of the approved ISP) excepting ongoing seminars
- present the results of their work in English at the Institute seminar (point 5 of the approved ISP)
- prove their foreign language competence (point 6 of the approved ISP)
- discharge their duties connected with their pedagogical development (at most 10% of the workload and point 8 of the approved ISP)
At the end of their studies, ideally during the standard 4 year duration of their studies, i.e. at the end of the 8th semester the students
- present their findings at an international scientific conference (point 3 of the approved ISP)
- undergo the obligatory international research internship at least 1 month in duration
- present their findings in an international scientific journal - 10% of the workload ((point 2 of the approved ISP)
- finish their dissertation thesis and file the application to defend their dissertation thesis (point 1 and 2 of the approved ISP)
Návrh témat disertačních prací a témata obhájených prací
Quantum-mechanical study of new nitrides of transition metals, Koutná, Nikola (ongoing thesis). Advisor: Mgr. Martin Friák, Ph.D.
The growth and study of thin films of organic semiconductors, Fišer, Zbyněk (ongoing thesis). Advisor: Mgr. Jiří Novák, Ph.D.
Theoretical study of electronic properties of high-Tc superconductors and other materials with strongly correlated electrons, Geffroy, Dominique Alain (2017). Advisor: prof. Mgr. Dominik Munzar, Dr. (https://is.muni.cz/th/pydt8).
Electronic Structure of the High-Tc Cuprate Superconductors, Vašátko, Jiří (2016). Advisor: prof. Mgr. Dominik Munzar, Dr. (https://is.muni.cz/th/fie9s).
The mechanism of cathodoluminiscence of YAG:Ce monocrystals, Bok, Jan (2014). Advisor: RNDr. Petr Schauer, CSc. (https://is.muni.cz/th/c8bgh).
Optical response of low-dimensional structures, Klenovský, Petr (2013). Advisor: prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc. (https://is.muni.cz/th/wmzsz).
Dislocation Motion in Three-Dimensional Precipitated Crystals, Záležák, Tomáš (2013). Advisor: prof. RNDr. Antonín Dlouhý, CSc. (https://is.muni.cz/th/e66oa).
|PřF:FA015||Statistical Physics of Particles and Fields||z||4||4||-|
|PřF:FB035||Selected Chapters in Modern Optics||k||3||2||-|
|PřF:FC210||Advanced Quantum Field Theory||z||4||4||-|
|PřF:FK110||Propagátory a diagramatické poruchové přístupy ve fyzice kondenzovaných látek||zk||3+2||1||-|
|PřF:FK120||Fyzika silně korelovaných elektronových systémů||zk||3+2||2||-|
|PřF:FK130||Simulace Monte Carlo jako numerický nástroj||zk||3+2||3||-|