Státní doktorská zkouška a obhajoba disertační práce
State doctoral examination
The state doctoral examination verifies the students' knowledge in plasma physics, related disciplines and disciplines connected with the topic of the dissertation as well as their ability to creatively solve physical problems, beginning by their formulation continuing with their solution using appropriate devices up to the interpretation of the results. The examination is oral, topics are determined by members of the examination comitee. The students have the right to prepare the answers beforehand. The duration of preparation is 30 minutes.
The requirements for admission to the state doctoral examination are the passing of the courses FC154 Individual study 1, FB153 Individual study 2 and at least one of the introductory courses (FB502 Deposition and analysis of thin films, FB501 Plasma diagnostics and simulations, FB503 Surface modifications and plasma applications).
Requirements for the dissertation thesis
The students submit the dissertation thesis in accordance with the MU study and examination regulations. The basis of the thesis are original scientific (theoretical, experimental or applied) results acquired during the doctoral studies. A necessary condition for submitting the thesis is either the publication of the results or their part or the acceptance for publication in highly regarded scientific journals. If the students present the results of collective work, it is necessary to state which parts of it are their work.
Studijní a výzkumné povinnosti
The preparation of the dissertation takes place during the whole duration of the studies and comprises at least 60% of the workload.
During the second semester at the latest the students in concert with their advisors create their Individual Study Plan (ISP) and present it for approval to the PhD commission.
At the end of the 3rd year of study i.e. 6th semester at the latest the student
- have passed all theoretical preparation examinations (obligatory ones and the ones chosen with the advisor in the ISP) comprising approximately 20% of the workload (point 4 of the approved ISP) excepting ongoing seminars
- present the results of their work in English at the Institute seminar (point 5 of the approved ISP)
- prove their foreign language competence (point 6 of the approved ISP)
- discharge their duties connected with their pedagogical development (at most 10% of the workload and point 8 of the approved ISP)
At the end of their studies, ideally during the standard 4 year duration of their studies, i.e. at the end of the 8th semester the students
- present their findings at an international scientific conference (point 3 of the approved ISP)
- undergo the obligatory international research internship at least 1 month in duration
- present their findings in an international scientific journal - 10% of the workload ((point 2 of the approved ISP)
- finish their dissertation thesis and file the application to defend their dissertation thesis (point 1 and 2 of the approved ISP)
Návrh témat kvalifikačních prací a témata disertačních prací
Modeling of plasma sources with magnetic field (ongoing thesis), Mgr. Martin Kubečka,
Advisor: Mgr. Zdeněk Bonaventura, Ph.D.
Purification and activation of metal and semiconductor surfaces in plasma generated at atmospheric pressure (proposed thesis), Advisor: prof. RNDr. Mirko Černák
Electric and spectroscopic analysis of micro-discharges (proposed thesis), Advisor: Mgr. Tomáš Hoder, Ph.D.
|PřF:FB010||Elementární srážkové procesy v plazmatu 2||k||3+1||1||-|
|PřF:FB041||Seminář plazmové depozice a charakterizace materiálů||z||1||1||-|
|PřF:FB100||Plasma chemical processes (Plazmochemické procesy)||z||2||1||-|
|PřF:FB240||Fyzika plazmatu 3||k||2+1||1||-|
|PřF:FC020||Numerické metody ve fyzice plazmatu||k||3||2||-|
|PřF:FC042||Seminář plazmové depozice a charakterizace materiálů||z||1||2||-|
|PřF:FC052||Seminář diagnostiky a modelování plazmatu||z||1||2||-|
|PřF:FC250||Plasma and Dry Nano/Microtechnologies||k||3+1||2||-|
|PřF:FC500||Analytické modely a pokročilé koncepty ve fyzice plazmatu||k||2||2||-|
|PřF:FC510||Special topics in nanotechnology science||k||1+1||2||-|