Contact and other information
- What to do
- My application form is different from my friend's
- When and where am I supposed to submit my secondary-school leaving exam certificate?
- I have forgotten my electronic application password. What shall I do now?
- Do I have to provide my email address and telephone number?
- I would like to change my degree programmes or study plans
Application fee payment
- Kde zjistím jak a v jaké výši zaplatit poplatek?
- Chyby a další informace k platbě
- What is the fee payment deadline?
- I am a person with a serious physical disability or a specific learning disorder. Does this qualify me for being exempted from the entrance examination?
- I would like to arrive in Brno a day before the examination. Are the applicants provided with accommodation?
- I do not have my letter of invitation to the entrance examination (I have lost it, I have not received it, etc.)
- I do not understand some of the terms used in the description of fields of study
Contact and other information
- 1. Where can I find some further information about admission procedures?
- First, please visit our E-application guide here. Some further information can be found on the Masaryk univerzity websites concerning the admission procedure and on the faculty websites.
- 2. What are the contact details?
Prosíme, pokuste se najít odpověď na svůj dotaz týkající se přijímacího řízení níže. Nenajdete-li, využijte kontaktní adresy:
- Studijní oddělení: https://is.muni.cz/studijni
Nezapomeňte uvést v dotazu číslo přihlášky nebo studijní program, o který máte zájem.
- 3. What to do
- select a field
- enter your personal information (provided you have created an application before, you may want to use it to transfer the information you once entered into it to the new one)
- jot down your password and application ID
- make sure you keep on filling in the field-related sections until the application prompts you to submit it
- submit your application
- pay the application fee (you may do so by card and for several applications at a time)
- two weeks later make sure your payment has arrived
- find out your exam date and the result of admission procedures
You need not send us any printed version of the application or any document substantiating you have paid the application fee.
- 4. My application form is different from my friend's
Applications on different programmes are different. As a result, your form might not contain some of the text fields the others do (e.g. those to fill in with your secondary school grades, information related to the medical certificate, examination exemption application and/or other items). Please make sure that you fill in all the required fields (marked red). Once you have done so, the form will offer you the option 'Submit this application'.
- 5. When and where am I supposed to submit my secondary-school leaving exam certificate?
Usually only for enrollment in the study. If the school requires otherwise, it is written in the application. A copy of the graduation certificate must be officially certified.
- 6. I have forgotten my electronic application password. What shall I do now?
You can reset your password at any time. To do so, enter your email, application number, or birth number (https://is.muni.cz/prihlaska/reset_pass). The link allowing you to change your access information will be sent to the email address in your electronic application.
- 7. Do I have to provide my email address and telephone number?
Email is required. We strongly recommend that you also enter your phone number, so that the Office for Studies can contact you quickly and easily in case of any problems. Please check your email on a regular basis.
- 8. I would like to change my degree programmes or study plans
It is not possible to change the degree programmes. You will have to submit a new application. If your original application has already been paid, you can try sending a request to the contact address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and ask for transferring the payment from the paid application to the new one. However, this option is only available before the deadline for submitting application expires; after this date no further change is possible.
You can change the study plans in your e-application; changing the study plans or your preferences will create a new application. Once you submit this new application, the previous application will be cancelled automatically and if it has already been paid, the payment will automatically be transferred to the new application.
Application fee payment
- 9. Kde zjistím jak a v jaké výši zaplatit poplatek?
After you submit your application, you will be prompted to pay the application fee. The cheapest way of doing so is by card (no additional charges - applies to payments made from Slovakia as well). If you cannot pay by card, select the payment by bank transfer. The System will provide you with the bank account number and your unique variable symbol identifier. Please use this information in your postal money order, payment order, or internet banking transaction document. We recommend paying the application fee by credit card because this option is associated with the minimum possible problems that may occur during a bank transfer (eg incorrect entry of a variable symbol, sending an incomplete amount, etc.).
- 10. Chyby a další informace k platbě
- I have underpaid the fee: Please make another payment to pay the remainder of the sum using the correct variable symbol identifier.
- I made the payment two weeks ago, but its reception has not yet been confirmed in my application: Please scan your statement of account or the document substantiating your payment and send it to email@example.com.
- I have used a wrong or no variable symbol identifier: Please scan your statement of account or any other document substantiating your payment and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will you refund the fee if I opt not to take the entrance exam? - No, the application fee is non-refundable.
Important information for the applicants making a payment from abroad:
We recommend that you make the payment by card as it is cheaper (no fees). If you cannot pay by card and decide to make the payment by bank transfer, it is vital to make the payment in the currency in which the order is placed. Thank you.
- 11. What is the fee payment deadline?
Uvažujme situaci, kdy podávání přihlášek končí 28. 2. Uhradíte-li poplatek 28. 2. ve večerních hodinách, bude mít datum splatnosti 1. 3. Proto univerzita akceptuje i přihlášky uhrazené s termínem splatnosti 1. 3., resp. následující pracovní den po 28. 2. Poplatek je však nutné uhradit nejpozději 1. 3. typicky v dopoledních hodinách, aby měl termín splatnosti 1. 3. Pokud uhradíte 1. 3. pozdě odpoledne, bude vaše úhrada již po termínu splatnosti, protože bude mít splatnost 2. 3.
Podat přihlášku však smíte nejpozději do půlnoci dne pro podávání přihlášek (zpravidla 28. 2.). Později přihlášku podat nelze.
- 12. I am a person with a serious physical disability or a specific learning disorder. Does this qualify me for being exempted from the entrance examination?
Since Masaryk University provides applicants with disabilities with special support, even such applicants are required to take the entrance examination. Provided you are one of these, please specify what special needs you have. Support Centre for Students with Special Needs (http://teiresias.muni.cz) will subsequently contact you and agree with you on specific procedures addressing your disability.
- 13. I would like to arrive in Brno a day before the examination. Are the applicants provided with accommodation?
To get information about vacancies at MU dormitories during the period of entrance examinations, please see the contact details available at http://www.skm.muni.cz/. The applicants with physical disabilities can submit their special-need requests to the Support Centre for Students with Special Needs (https://www.teiresias.muni.cz/).
- 14. I do not have my letter of invitation to the entrance examination (I have lost it, I have not received it, etc.)
The letter of invitation to the entrance examination is only sent in the electronic form to the email you entered in your electronic application. However, all the information on the examination's time and venue can also be found in your electronic application. Please bring a valid identity card or a passport to the entrance examination; in addition, you also need to know the identification number of your application.
- 15. I do not understand some of the terms used in the description of fields of study
For an explanation of selected terms, go to this page.