Contact and other information
- What to do
- My application form is different from my friend's
- I have forgotten my electronic application password. What shall I do now?
- Do I have to provide my email address and telephone number?
- I would like to change my degree programmes or study plans
Application fee payment
- I am a person with a serious physical disability or a specific learning disorder. Does this qualify me for being exempted from the entrance examination?
- I do not have my letter of invitation to the entrance examination (I have lost it, I have not received it, etc.)
- How can I obtain a visa to study at MUNI?
- Do I need a certificate to study in English?
- I do not understand some of the terms used in the description of fields of study
Contact and other information
- 1. Where can I find some further information about admission procedures?
- First, please visit our E-application guide here. Some further information can be found on the Masaryk University websites concerning the admission procedure and on the faculty websites.
- 2. What are the contact details?
- Please try to find answers to your questions below. If you fail to do so, you may want to contact the following:
- Office for Studies: https://is.muni.cz/studijni
Please remember to enclose your application identification number or the programme you are interested in.
- 3. What to do
- Select a programme,
- enter your personal information (provided you have created an application before, you may want to use it to transfer the information you once entered into it to the new one),
- jot down your password and application ID,
- make sure you keep on filling in the field-related sections until the application prompts you to submit it,
- submit your application,
- pay the application fee (you may do so by card and for several applications at a time),
- two weeks later make sure your payment has arrived,
- find out your exam date and the result of admission procedures.
You need not send us any printed version of the application or any document substantiating you have paid the application fee.
- 4. My application form is different from my friend's
Applications to different programmes are different. As a result, your form might not contain some of the text fields the others do (e.g. those to fill in with your secondary school grades, information related to the medical certificate, examination exemption application and/or other items). Please make sure that you fill in all the required fields (marked red). Once you have done so, the form will offer you the option 'Submit this application'.
- 5. I have forgotten my electronic application password. What shall I do now?
You can reset your password at any time. To do so, enter your email, application number, or birth number (https://is.muni.cz/prihlaska/reset_pass). The link allowing you to change your access information will be sent to the email address in your electronic application.
- 6. Do I have to provide my email address and telephone number?
Email is required. We strongly recommend that you also enter your phone number, so that the Office for Studies can contact you quickly and easily in case of any problems. Please check your email on a regular basis. Also, don't forget to keep an eye on your spam folder, where e-mails may occasionally be.
- 7. I would like to change my degree programmes or study plans
It is not possible to change the degree programmes. You will have to submit a new application. A paid application cannot be cancelled, nor can the application fee be refunded.
You can change the study plans in your e-application; changing the study plans or your preferences will create a new application. Once you submit this new application, the previous application will be cancelled automatically and if it has already been paid, the payment will automatically be transferred to the new application.
Application fee payment
- 8. How can I pay the application fee?
After you submit your application, you will be prompted to pay the application fee. The cheapest way of doing so is by card (no additional charges - it applies to payments made from Slovakia as well). If you cannot pay by card, select the payment by bank transfer. The System will provide you with the bank account number and your unique variable symbol identifier. Please use this information in your postal money order, payment order, or Internet banking transaction document.
We recommend paying the application fee by credit card because this option is associated with the minimum possible problems that may occur during a bank transfer (e.g. incorrect entry of a variable symbol, sending an incomplete amount, etc.).
- 9. Payment-related problems
- I have underpaid the fee: Please make another payment to pay the remainder of the sum using the correct variable symbol identifier.
- I made the payment two weeks ago, but its reception has not yet been confirmed in my application: Please scan your statement of account or the document substantiating your payment and send it to
- I have used a wrong or no variable symbol identifier: Please scan your statement of account or any other document substantiating your payment and send it to
- Can I cancel a paid application and request a refund? It is no longer possible to cancel a paid application. The application fee cannot be refunded either.
- Will you refund the fee if I opt not to take the entrance exam? No, the application fee is non-refundable.
Important information for the applicants making a payment from abroad:
We recommend that you make the payment by card as it is cheaper (no fees). If you cannot pay by card and decide to make the payment by bank transfer, it is vital to make the payment in the currency in which the order is placed.
- 10. What is the fee payment deadline?
Let us consider the following situation, where the application submission deadline is February 29. You may submit your application no later than midnight of the day for submission of applications. It is also necessary to create an order in the MU Shopping Center and pay the application fee by the same date. Later, it is not possible to submit an application or create an order in the MU Shopping Center.
- 11. I am a person with a serious physical disability or a specific learning disorder. Does this qualify me for being exempted from the entrance examination?
Since Masaryk University provides applicants with disabilities with special support, even such applicants are required to take the entrance examination. Provided you are one of these, please specify what special needs you have. Support Centre for Students with Special Needs (http://teiresias.muni.cz) will subsequently contact you and agree with you on specific procedures addressing your disability.
- 12. I do not have my letter of invitation to the entrance examination (I have lost it, I have not received it, etc.)
The letter of invitation to the entrance examination is only sent in the electronic form to the email you entered in your electronic application. However, all the information on the examination's time and venue can also be found in your electronic application.
- 13. How can I obtain a visa to study at MUNI?
After successfully passing the entrance exams to Masaryk University you will be automatically placed in the Student Mode, in order to aid you in the process of getting a visa. Placing of an applicant on the list of the Student Mode does not guarantee a positive response to the visa application. For further information please contact
vizaczsmuniczor visit the website.
- 14. Do I need a certificate to study in English?
It depends on which programme at which faculty you want to study, for each one varies in their language requirements. For a detailed overview of each study programme, please use our university website, choose your preferred type of study (Bc./Mgr./NMgr./Ph.D.), then select your preferred study programme and on the page of the programme you can verify the available form of study (combined/full-time). You can get an overview of the entrance exam/conditions for admission by reading the section "Admission requirements".
- 15. I do not understand some of the terms used in the description of fields of study
If you do not understand some terms related to the studies at the University, please read through the following section. For an explanation of selected terms, go to this page. However, if necessary, please do not hesitate to send your questions to the above contact addresses.