VOJTILOVÁ, Lenka, Martina PÝCHOVÁ, M. FREIBERGEROVÁ, Jana JURÁNKOVÁ, Zbyněk BORTLÍČEK and Petr HUSA. Rizikové faktory rekurentního a těžkého průběhu kolitidy vyvolané infekcí Clostridium difficile (Risk factors for relapsing and severe Clostridium difficile infection). Vnitřní lékařství. Praha: Česká lékařská společnost J. E. Purkyně, 2013, vol. 59, No 1, p. 23-30. ISSN 0042-773X.
Other formats:   BibTeX LaTeX RIS
Basic information
Original name Rizikové faktory rekurentního a těžkého průběhu kolitidy vyvolané infekcí Clostridium difficile
Name (in English) Risk factors for relapsing and severe Clostridium difficile infection
Authors VOJTILOVÁ, Lenka (703 Slovakia, guarantor, belonging to the institution), Martina PÝCHOVÁ (203 Czech Republic, belonging to the institution), M. FREIBERGEROVÁ (203 Czech Republic), Jana JURÁNKOVÁ (203 Czech Republic, belonging to the institution), Zbyněk BORTLÍČEK (203 Czech Republic, belonging to the institution) and Petr HUSA (203 Czech Republic, belonging to the institution).
Edition Vnitřní lékařství, Praha, Česká lékařská společnost J. E. Purkyně, 2013, 0042-773X.
Other information
Original language Czech
Type of outcome Article in a journal
Field of Study 30300 3.3 Health sciences
Country of publisher Czech Republic
Confidentiality degree is not subject to a state or trade secret
RIV identification code RIV/00216224:14110/13:00067708
Organization unit Faculty of Medicine
Keywords (in Czech) infekce Clostridium difficile; rizikové faktory rekurence CDI; rizikové faktory těžkého průběhu CDI
Keywords in English Clostridium difficile infection; risk factors for relapsing CDI; risk factors for severe CDI
Tags Reviewed
Changed by Changed by: Soňa Böhmová, učo 232884. Changed: 4. 6. 2013 17:07.
Abstract
Cíl práce: Popsat rizikové faktory rekurentního průběhu a těžké formy infekce Clostridium difficile (CDI) v souboru pacientů hospitalizovaných na Klinice infekčních chorob FN Brno, pracoviště Bohunice. Materiál a metody: Retrospektivní sledování epidemiologických, klinických a laboratorních dat 281 pacientů s prokázanou diagnózou infekce Clostridium difficile hospitalizovaných v období od 1. 1. 2007 do 31. 12. 2010. Výsledky: Do první části hodnocení bylo zařazeno 233 pacientů, z nichž 87 (37,3 %) mělo záznam o rekurenci onemocnění a 146 (62,7 %) pacientů bylo bez rekurence CDI. Faktory spojené s rekurencí zahrnují 2 a více komorbidit, předchozí hospitalizaci v období 4 týdnů před začátkem CDI, užívání blokátorů protonové pumpy. Do druhé části hodnocení bylo zařazeno všech 281 pacientů, z toho těžký průběh CDI během kterékoliv epizody onemocnění byl zaznamenán u 181 (64,4 %), zbylých 100 (35,6 %) pacientů mělo lehký nebo středně těžký průběh CDI. Rizikovým faktorem vzniku těžké CDI je věk pacienta nad 65 let, anamnéza ischemické choroby srdeční, chronické renální insuficience, kombinace 2 a více komorbidit, předchozí hospitalizace v období 4 týdnů. Závěr: Věk pacienta nad 65 let je rizikem pro těžký průběh CDI. Pacient s 2 a více komorbiditami nebo s anamnézou předchozí hospitalizace je rizikový jak pro rekurenci onemocnění, tak pro jeho těžký průběh. Užívání blokátorů protonové pumpy může vést k rekurenci, pravděpodobně na základě reinfekce spórami Clostridium difficile.
Abstract (in English)
Background: Describe risk factors for relapsing and severe Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) in a set of patients hospitalized at the Clinic of infectious diseases the University Hospital Brno. Material and methods: A retrospective study observing epidemiological, clinical and laboratory data of 281 patients with proven diagnosis of Clostridium difficile infection hospitalized in the period from 1. 1. 2007 to 31. 12. 2010. Results: In the first part of the evaluation were enrolled 233 patients, 87 (37.3 %) patients had a record of relapsing CDI and 146 (62.7 %) patients had nonrelapsing CDI. Factors associated with relaps included 2 or more comorbidities, previous hospitalization during the 4 weeks before CDI, the use of proton pump inhibitors. In the second part of the evaluation were enrolled all 281 patients, severe CDI during any episode of the disease was observed in 181 (64.4 %) patients, while the remaining 100 (35.6 %) patients had mild or moderate CDI. The risk factors associated with severe CDI were age older than 65 years, history of coronary heart disease, chronic renal insufficiency, a combination of 2 or more comorbidities, previous hospitalization in a period of 4 weeks. Conclusions: Age older than 65 years is the risk for severe CDI. Patients with 2 or more comorbidities or with history of previous hospitalization are in a risk for both, relapsing and severe CDI. Use of proton pump inhibitors may lead to recurrence, probably on the basis of re-infection Clostridium difficile spores.
PrintDisplayed: 20. 5. 2022 23:43