VACULÍK, Jaroslav. KE VZNIKU A VÝVOJI MASARYKOVY UNIVERZITY (On the Origin and Development of Masaryk University). In Mihola Jiří. Brno v proměnách staletí. Kapitoly z dějin města pod Špilberkem. první. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2014. p. 115-124. ISBN 978-80-210-6154-5.
Other formats:   BibTeX LaTeX RIS
Basic information
Original name KE VZNIKU A VÝVOJI MASARYKOVY UNIVERZITY
Name (in English) On the Origin and Development of Masaryk University
Authors VACULÍK, Jaroslav (203 Czech Republic, guarantor, belonging to the institution).
Edition první. Brno, Brno v proměnách staletí. Kapitoly z dějin města pod Špilberkem, p. 115-124, 10 pp. 2014.
Publisher Masarykova univerzita
Other information
Original language Czech
Type of outcome Chapter(s) of a specialized book
Field of Study 60101 History
Country of publisher Czech Republic
Confidentiality degree is not subject to a state or trade secret
Publication form printed version "print"
RIV identification code RIV/00216224:14410/14:00074673
Organization unit Faculty of Education
ISBN 978-80-210-6154-5
Keywords in English Masaryk University; establish a university; development a university;
Tags Reviewed
Changed by Changed by: prof. PhDr. Jaroslav Vaculík, CSc., učo 2734. Changed: 25/2/2015 18:30.
Abstract
Návrh na zřízení univerzity v Brně byl předložen členům Revolučního národního shromáždění v listopadu 1918.Návrh byl schválen 28. ledna 1919. Univerzita měla nést jméno T. G. Masaryka a zahrnovat právnickou, lékařskou a filozofickou fakultu. Výuka byla přerušena 17. listopadu 1939, kdy ji nacisté obsadili. Po válce byla založena pedagogická fakulta.Po únoru 1948 byly některé fakulty uzavřeny. Nová etapa univerzity začala po listopadu 1989. Text vznikl na základě archivního výzkumu.
Abstract (in English)
The proposal to establish a university in Brno was submitted by members of the Revolutionary National Assembly in November 1918. The university was to bear the name of T. G. Masaryk and to include the faculties of Law, Medicine and Philosophy. The proposal was adopted on 28 January 1919; the faculties of Law and Medicine began their work as early as November 1919. Teaching was discontinued on 17 November 1939 when the Nazis occupied the rector’s office, the buildings of the faculties and the residence halls. After the war the Faculty of Education was established. After February 1948 the faculties of Pharmaceutics, Law and Education were removed from the university structures. A new stage of development of the University began after November 1989.The text is based on archival research.
PrintDisplayed: 9/2/2023 13:07