- Name, first names, scientific degrees
- Jan Krajhanzl, PhDr. Ph.D.
- Department of Environmental Studies
Faculty of Social Studies, Masaryk University
Joštova 218, 602 00
- Function, current position
- Education and academic qualifications
- 2010: Ph.D., PhDr. Social Psychology: Faculty of Arts, Charles University in Prague
2004: Mgr. Psychology: Faculty of Arts, Charles University in Prague
2004: Mgr. Teacher training of Psychology for High Schools: Faculty of Arts, Charles University in Prague
- Professional experience
- 2015-present: Assistant professor – Department of Environmental Studies, Faculty of Social Studies, Masaryk University
2012-2015: Post-doc: Department of Environmental Studies, Faculty of Social Studies, Masaryk University
2008-present: External cooperation (self-employed) as a researcher and lecturer of psychological aspects of environmental issues and consultant for communication strategies in environmental protection
2004-2011: Head and social worker, Klub Beztíže – social service for at-risk children and youth.
1999-2003: Social worker, Center for Mental Health Care Development: social service for people with mental illness
- Teaching activities
- Environmental and Conservation Psychology I, Environmental and Conservation Psychology II, Environmental Communication, Master thesis - preparatory seminar I, Master thesis - preparatory seminar II etc.
- Research activities
- 2017-2018: Head of the research team for the project "The Relationship of the Czech Public toward Nature and the Environment", Department of Environmental Studies, Faculty of Social Studies, Masaryk University
2015-2016: Head of the research team for project "Support of information exchange and education about the impact of climate change and adaptation measures on a national and regional level", Department of Environmental Studies, Faculty of Social Studies, Masaryk University: http://www.ekopsychologie.cz/vsechny-clanky/ceska-verejnost-a-zmena.
2015-2016: Head of the research team for the project "Increasing public awareness for active protection of biodiversity in the Czech Republic", Department of Environmental Studies, Faculty of Social Studies, Masaryk University: http://www.ekopsychologie.cz/vsechny-clanky/ochrana-divoke-prirody.
2014-2015 Head of research team for project "Civic Engagement 2015": Civic Education Centre, grant: Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung
2011-2012 Head of research team for the project "The Roots of Preschool Education: Head of the research team for the project "The Roots of Preschool Education: Conditions for the healthy development of children in family, kindergarten and nature", Forest Kindergarten Association, grant: Ministry of the Environment of the Czech Republic.
2006: Head of the research team for project "Psychological characteristics of an individual's personal relationship to nature", Faculty of Arts, Charles University in Prague
2004–2005: Researcher for the project "The Alienation of Human from Nature", Toulcův dvůr, grant: Ministry of the Environment of the Czech Republic.
- Non-university activities
- 2012-2020: Member of the editorial board of the Sedmá generace, a socio-ecological magazine
2009-2011: Member of the expert group for the preparation of the Action Plan of the Education Strategy for Sustainable Development of the Czech Republic, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic
2009: Member of the expert group for the preparation of the Action Plan of the Strategy of Environmental Education, Training and Awareness, Ministry of the Environment of the Czech Republic
2007–present: Czech portal of conservation and environmental psychology, editorial work, www.ekopsychologie.cz
2006-2017: Envigogika, member of the editorial board: a peer-reviewed journal in the field of environmental education and training for sustainable development
- Most significant professional accomplishments
- 2011: Josef Vavroušek Award, 1st place: competition of student works on topics of social science aspects of environmental issues, award for dissertation thesis Characteristics of personal relationship to nature: introduction to theory and terminology
2002: Czech-Slovak competition of student scientific and professional activities in psychology, 1st place
- Major publications
- KRAJHANZL, Jan, Tomáš CHABADA a Renata SVOBODOVÁ. Vztah české veřejnosti k přírodě a životnímu prostředí : reprezentativní studie veřejného mínění. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2018. 349 s. ISBN 978-80-210-8966-2. URL info
- KRAJHANZL, Jan a Jan SKALÍK. Czech Greenpeace Donors and the Barriers to their Climate-Friendly Household Behaviour. Sociální studia. Masarykova univerzita, 2015, roč. 12, č. 3, s. 71-95. ISSN 1214-813X. Plný text info
- KRAJHANZL, Jan. Psychologie vztahu k přírodě a životnímu prostředí. Brno: Lipka, MUNI press, 2014. 200 s. ISBN 978-80-87604-67-0. doi:10.5817/CZ.MUNI.M210-7063-2014. Munishop info
- ČINČERA, Jan a Jan KRAJHANZL. Eco-Schools: What factors influence pupils’ action competence for pro-environmental behavior? Journal of Cleaner Production. Butterworth-Heinemann, 2013, roč. 61, č. 25, s. 117-121. ISSN 0959-6526. doi:10.1016/j.jclepro.2013.06.030. URL info