- Person Identification
- Karel Stibral
born 26. 3. 1971, Havlíčkův Brod (east Bohemia),
married since 2001, son Lukáš (born 2002), daughter Lucie (2005) and Julie (2007)
- Department of Environmental Studies
- Employment Position
- Education and Academic Qualifications
- 1985 - 1989 Technical Graphic School, Prague
1989 studies at Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague
1990 - 1995 studies of aesthetics and art history, Faculty of Arts, Charles University, Prague (FF UK), title Mgr.
1995 - 2000 postgraduate doctoral studies at Department of Philosophy and History of Science, Charles University, Prague, title PhD.
- Employment Summary
- 1996 - 2003: assistant lecturer at Department of Social Science, Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague
since 1998: senior lecturer at Department of Philosophy and History of Science, Charles University, Prague
since 2005: assistant professor, later associated professor (doc.) at Department of Environmental Studies, Faculty of Social Studies, Masaryk University, Brno
2013-2016: head of Department of Aesthetics and Art History, University of South Bohemia, Budweis
2017-2018 deputy head of the Department of Environmental Studies, Masaryk University, Brno
since 2019: head of the Department of Environmental Studies, Faculty of Social Studies, Masaryk University, Brno
- Scientific and Research Activities
- GAUK č. 340/2001/A-TFP/PrF, 2001-2003, Vzájemné vztahy estetického a vědeckého vnímání přírody;
GAČR č. 408/01/D128, POST-DOC, 2001-2004, Estetika přírody v novověkém myšlení a vnímání;
GAČR č. 408/06/0950, 2006-2008, Česká estetika přírody ve středoevropském kontextu.
- Academical Stays
- 1995: half-year clerkship at Institute of Philosophy, Jagellonian University (FF UJ), Cracow, Poland
1997: two month post-graduate clerkship at Institute of Philosophy, Jagellonian University (FF UJ), Cracow, Poland
2018: Visited Professor at Institute of Bioethics and Ecology, UKSW Warsaw, Poland (2 courses)
Erasmus lecturer, stays at: National University, Taipei, Taiwan, Institut für Soziale Ökologie, BOKU Wien, Austria, Institute of philosophy UW Wroclaw and Kraków, Poland, National Library, London, UK, ÖNB Wien, Austria, etc.
- University Activities
- 2013-2017 Head of Evaluation Panel for Humanities, (Field Verification and Evaluation Panel, 2nd Section: philosophy, theology, anthropology, politology etc.) for Research, Development and Innovation Council, an advisory body to the Government of the Czech Republic.
since 2017 - member of the Evalution Panel for Humanities;
since 2016 - Evaluator for the The National Accreditation Bureau for Higher Education
- Extrauniversity Activities
- Member of Czech Society for Aesthetics (Society of Czech Academy of Science)