- Person-Related Identification Information
- Rudolf Autrata, MD, PhD, MBA ,Prof. Born: 27.5.1961 in Brno, married, 2 children
- Department of Pediatric Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine Masaryk University, Faculty Hospital Brno, Cernopolní 9, 613 00, Brno
- Employment - Position
- Head of Department of Pediatric Ophthalmology since 2004
- Education and Academic Qualifications
- 2009: Professor of Ophthalmology
- 2006: academic degree Master of Bussiness Administration (MBA) Prague International Business School, Prague. Dissertation title: "A long-term development strategy of Pediatric Ophthalmology Clinic.
- 2003: Habilitation, ophthalmology, academic degree Assoc. Prof. - Faculty of Medicine, Komensky University, Bratislava.
- 2001: PhD Title of dissertation: „ Photorefractive keratectomy for high myopic anisometropia in children “ at 1st Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague.
- 1999: 2nd degree accreditation in ophthalmology.
- 1989: 1st degree accreditation in ophthalmology.
- 1985: graduation from Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University Brno, title MD.
- Head of Department of Pediatric Ophthalmology since 2004, Department of Pediatric Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine Masaryk University, Faculty hospital Brno
- Head physican, 1st assistent of the head of the department from 1991 to 2004, Department of Pediatric Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine Masaryk University, Faculty hospital Brno
- Intern from 1985 to 1991, Department of Pediatric Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine Masaryk University, Faculty hospital Brno
- Teaching Activities
- since 1998: Lectures, exercises, seminars - bachelor and master programme of optometry, Faculty of Medicine MU Brno (Refraction, Binocular vision, Strabism, Pediatric ophthalmology).
- since 1998: Lectures, exercises, seminars - general medicine, Faculty of Medicine, MU Brno (Strabism, Pediatric ophthalmology).
- since 1998: Lectures, exercises, seminars for ophthalmologists in CR as a part of preparation for specialised accreditation in ophthalmology.
- since 2005: Lectures, exercises, seminars for ophthalmologists in CR as a part of CMC accreditation for working licence: „Examination of sensoric and motoric aspects of binocular vision“.
- since 2006: Lectures, exercises, seminars for students of general medicine - pediatric branch - Faculty of Medicine, MU Brno (Pediatric ophthalmology).
- Diploma works supervision: Bachelor works - 12 supervised /12 succesfully advocated. Master works - 14 supervised /14 successfully advocated. Opponency for PhD dissertations 8x (6x Czech, 2x Slovak)
- PhD students supervision: since 2003 – 6 students(1x successfull advocated, 5 students still studying with planned advocacy within 1 year (2 students) and within 2 years (3 students)
- Board of examiners: member of committee of the state rigorous examination in optometry, Faculty of Medicine, MU Brno, member of commitee for PhD univerties studies in ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, MU Brno, member of accrediation commitee of Ministry of Health - Czech Republic - department of ophthalmology IPVZ Praha.
- Total of 239 lectures on domestic and international congresses (1990-2007)
- Pedagogic publications: textbooks 2x, textbook chapters 7x, educational and overview texts 18x, popularization texts 10x.
- Scientific and Research Activities
- Own scientific and research activities:
- Refractive surgery in children (PRK, LASIK, LASEK , Epi-Lasik, phakic intraocular lenses)
- Phototerapeutic keratectomy, excimer laser (PTK)
- Holmium laser termokeratoplastic for correcion of hypermetropy and astigmatism
- Holmium laser sclerostomy
- Implantation of intraocular lenses in children
- Scleroplastic surgery in children with pathologic progressive myopia
- Pediatric glaucoma surgery
- Corneal grafting in children
- Transscleral cyklophotokoagulation
- Pediatric eye traumatology – reconstructive microsurgery
- Retinopathy of prematurity – photokoagulation a cryotherapy
- Pediatric ophthtalmo-oncology (topic therapy of retinoblastoma, surgery of orbital tumors)
- Retinal dystrophies in childdren
- Strabism surgery, active pleoptic and ortoptic treatment
- Eye ultrasound diagnostics in children
- Electrophysiologic diagnostic tests in children
- The most important newly established surgical procedures in pediatric ophthalmology in Czech Republic:
- 1990: Glaucoma drainage implants in the treatment of pediatric glaucoma
- 1990: Implantation intraocular lenses after extraction of congenital cataract in nurse-childs
- 1993: Diode laser cyclophotokoagulation in the treatment of pediatric glaucoma
- 1993: Diode laser photokoagulation in the treatment of retinoblastoma (st.I)
- 1993: Transpupilar and transscleral diode laser photokoagulation in the treatment of trehold retinopathy of prematurity
- 1995: Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK) for corretion of high myopic anisometropia in children
- 1995: Phototherapeutic keratectomie(PTK) for treatment of corneal surface opacities in children
- 1996: Holmium LTK for correction hypermetropy and astigmatism in children
- 2000: Laser assisted subepithelial keratectomy (LASEK) for correction of high myopic anisometropia and amblyopia in children
- 2002: LASIK for correction of high myopic anisometropia and amblyopia in children
- 2006: Epi Lasik for correction of high myopic anisometropia and amblyopia in children
- 2006: Implantation phakic anterior chamber intraocular lenses (AC IOL)for correction of high anisometropia in children
- since 2007: grant co-solverIGF 8/06: Molekular genetic analysis of changes in status of Rb1 gens in children with retinoblastoma - implementation of new procedure in Faculty Hospital Brno.
- since 2004: Visegrad´s fund grant co-solver: Scleroplastic surgery in children´s progresive myopia (Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland), lead investigator: A. Gerinec, MD, PhD, Prof. Visegrad Fund No. 6013-2004-IVF: Prophylaxy of visual handicap in children. The scientific research for severe myopia (nearsight) stabilisation in children by means reinforcement scleral wall of the eye. Anton Gerinec, MD, PhD, Prof., R. Autrata, MD, PhD, Assoc. Prof., Gralek, MD, PhD, Prof. (Poland), I.Suveges, MD, PhD, Prof. (Hungary).
- Scientific publications: original articles in extenzo 52x (total IF 19,274), original articles in books of abstracts 35x, foreign abstracts in journals 80x (total IF 28,241), domestic conferential abstracts 52x (total published abstracts 132x)
- Citations: international database - Web of Science 110 responses, Scopus 157 responses, others 37 responses.
- 1989 - Ophthalmology department Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University and Faculty Hospital U sv. Anny in Brno (5 months)
- 1993 – theme: Refractive surgery at University clinic of ophthalmology: Divisione Oculistica, Ospedale San Gerardo, Monza, Italy – Dr. Paolo Vinciguerra, november 1993. Department of Ophthalmology, San Paolo Hospital, University of Milano, Italy – Prof. P. Nucci, december 1993.
- 1994 – theme: pediatric cataract surgery: Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, St. Louis Children's Hospital at Washington University School of Medicine, University Medical Center, One Children's Place, St. Louis, USA – Prof. L Tychsen, november 1994
- 1995 - theme: laser refractive surgery – Department of Ophthalmology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe-University, Theodor-Stern-Kai 7, Frankfurt am Main, Germany - Prof. T. Kohnen, december 1995.
- 1996 - theme: Holmium YAG-laser thermokeratoplastics – Prof. Dr. Med Th. Seiler, Universitats-Augenklinik, Dresden, Germany, january
- 1996. Work internship with the theme of fototherapeutic keratectomy using excimer laser: Prof. Dr. Gernot I. W. Duncker Direktor der Universitäts-Augenklinik, Halle/Saale, Germany, april 1996
- 1997 - theme: pediatric cataract surgery: Prof. Charlotta Zetterström- Eye Department, Ullevål University Hospital, University of Oslo, Norway, august 1997.
- 1998- theme: laser refractive surgery and strabology - Department of Ophthalmology, San Paolo Hospital, University of Milano, Italy – Prof. P. Nucci, july 1998
- 2000- theme: pediatric cataract surgery, IOL implantation – Prof. M.J. Tassignon, Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Antwerp, Belgium, august 2000.
- 2001- theme: laser refractive surgery (LASIK): Prof. T. Seiler, Institut für Refraktive und Ophthalmo-Chirurgie (IROC), Zürich, Schweiz, july 2001.
- 2003 - theme: pediatric glaucoma surgery- Prof. Dr. P.Wiedemann Universitäts-Augenklinik, Liebigstr. 10-14, Leipzig, july 2003.
- 2004 - theme: laser refractive surgery in children: Prof. W.F. Astle, Alberta Children's Hospital, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada, october 2004.
- 2005 – working internship with the theme of laser refractive surgery in children( Epi-Lasik, fakické nitrooční čočky): Prof. J.L. Alio, Vissum Department of Refractive Surgery and Division of Ophthalmology, Instituto Oftalmológico de Alicante, Miguel Hernandez University, Medical School, Alicante, Spain, september 2005.
- 2006 – theme: pediatric refractive surgery, cataracts and retinopathy of prematurity: Prof. E.A.Paysse, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA, Prof. E.E. Birch, Retina Foundation of the Southwest, Dallas, Texas, july 2006.
- 2007- theme: pediatric cataract and glaucoma surgery: Prof. Anna Lundvall, St. Erik's Eye Hospital/Karolinska Institute, Polhemsgatan 50, Stockholm Sweden, july 2007
- 2008 –working internship with the theme of laser refractive surgery: Prof. I.G. Pallikaris, Department of Ophthalmology, Institute of Vision and Optics, University of Crete, Herakleion, Greece, july 2008
- University Activities
- since 2004: Head of Department of Pediatric Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, MU Brno.
- since 2001: member of Branch study committee for Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, MU Brno.
- since 2006: member of commitee of state rigorous examinantion in bachelor and master study of optometry, Faculty of Medicine, MU Brno.
- Activities Outside University
- since 2005: member of IGF grant committee FH Brno
- since 2004: member of Accreditation commitee of Ministry of Health - department of ophthalmology IPVZ
- since 2005: member of the Editorial board of czech journal Oftalmochirurgie
- since 2005: member of committee of the Czech Strabologic Association
- Awards Related to Science and Research
- (Awards, memberships in scientific associations, organisation of congresses, editorship of books of abstracts and scientific journals, invitation to lectures.
- Scientific awards:
- 2001: 1st place in competition for the best scientific and clinical benefit of the presentation at XIX. annual ESCRS congress in Amsterodam - Autrata R., Řehůřek J.: Clinical results of the epithelial flap replacement in photorefractive keratectomy- 18 months follow-up. The price awarded by the committee and by the ESCRS president (European Society od Cataract and Refractive Surgery).
- 2002: 3rd price for the best published work- Autrata R.: „Binocular vision after cataract surgery in children - long term results.“ price awarded by the editorial board of journal Čs. Oftalmologie.
- 2003: 2nd price for the best published work - „Benefit of PTK in the treatment of superficial afections of the cornea in children.“ price awarded by editorial board of journal Čs Oftalmologie.
- 2003: 2nd place in competition for the best scientific and clinical benefit of the presentation at annual ESCRS congress in Rome - Autrata R., Řehůřek J.: „PRK and LASEK versus contact lenses for correction of high anisomyopia and amblyopia in preschool children“. The price awarded by the committee and by the ESCRS president
- 2004: 2nd place in competition for the best scientific and clinical benefit of the presentation at annual ESCRS congress in Paris - „ R. Autrata: Unilateral cataract and persistent hyperplastic primary vitreous: 15 years results of surgical management“.
- In October 2004 invited as a teacher of the course Pediatric Refractive Surgery as a part of annual congress of American Academy of Ophthalmologists (AAO) in New Orleans.
- In february 2005 at the annual 9th Winter refractive surgery meeting, ESCRS in Rome the work: „Autrata R.: Safety and efficacy of the excimer laser refractive surgery in children: Nine years of experience“ was awarded 2nd place in the competition for the presentation with most valuable scientific and clinical benefit, the price was awarded by the committee of ESCRS.
- In february 2008 at annual 12th ESCRS Winter Refractive Surgery Meeting, ESCRS in Barcelona were 2 presentations: „ R. Autrata: Pediatric excimer laser refractive surgery: PRK, LASEK,LASIK and Epi-LASIK for high myopic anisometropia: Safety and efficacy in 13.year follow up period“ and „ Phototherapeutic keratectomy in children: 74 eyes with the long term follow-up.“ awarded 1st place in the best work competition.
- At annual congresses of the Czech Ophthalmologic society (ČOS) in 2004 in Ostrava, in 2006 in Plzen and in 2007 in Brno at XV. ann. ČOS meeting - 1st place award (poster) in the competition for the best scientific and clinical benefit of the work.
- 2008: Member of composite authors of the book: Kuchynka P. a kol. Oční lékařství, Grada, Praha, 2007, 749 s., ISBN 978-80-247-1163-8 awarded the annual price of Czech Literary Fund Nadation for the year 2007 in the competition for the best book publication in the category scientific and professional literature.
- Three original articles published in extenzo in Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery awarded by the CME (Continual Medical Education) and AMA (American Medical Association) credit:
- 1. Autrata R., Řehůřek J. Clinical results of excimer laser photorefractive keratectomy for high myopic anisometropia in children: Four-year follow- up. J Cataract Refract Surg 2003, 29, 4, p. 694-702. ISSN 0886-3350
- 2. Autrata R., Řehůřek J.: LASEK and PRK versus Conventional Treatment of Myopic Anisometropic Amblyopia in Children : A prospective comparative study. European and American Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, 2004, 30, 1: pp.74-84 ISSN 0886-3350
- 3. Autrata R., Řehůřek J., Vodičková K. : Phototherapeutic keratectomy in children – Five- year results. J.Cataract Refract Surg., 2004, vol. 30, 9: pp.:1909-1916, ISSN 0886-3350
- Honorary membership in foreign professional societies:
European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
International Society of Refractive Surgery (ISRS)
American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
Deutsche Ophthalmologische Gesellschaft(DOG)
- Home scientific societies - membership:
Czech Medical Society
Czech Society of Ophthalmology
Committee of Czech Strabological Association
Czech Asssociation of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
Czech Association of Contactology.
- Foreign specialized societies - memberships:
American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ASCRS)
European Pediatric Ophthalmology Society (EPOS)
European Society for Vision and Eye Research (EVER)
American Association of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus (AAPOS)
2005: review of specialized textbook of pediatric ophthalmology, first one in Czech-Slovak history of pediatric ophthalmology, A. Gerinec. Detská Oftalmológia, I.ed., Osveta, Bratislava, 2005.
- 2001-2007: reviews of 23 scientific works in extenzo for Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Journal of American Association of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus a European Journal of Ophthalmology.
- Congress organisations:
- (OC=organisation committee, PC=programme committee) event, date, place, function, period
- 1. 1st scientific working day of the Czech ophthalmologic society – Pediatric ophthalmology, October 1999, Brno. member of OC 1998-1999
- 2. IV. Symposium of pediatric ophthalmology, May 2001, Bratislava. member of OC 2000-2001
- 3. V. Symposium of pediatric ophthalmology, May 2002, Litomyšl. member of OC 2001-2002
- 4. VI. Symposium of pediatric ophthalmology, May 2003, Bratislava. member of OC 2002-2003
- 5. Working day of the Czech ophthalmologic society - News in refractive surgery, 24.10.2003, Ostrava. member of PC 2002-2003
- 6. I. Strabologic-ortoptic days, September 2004, Litomyšl. member of OC, PC 2003-2004
- 7. VII. International symposium of pediatric ophthalmology, May 2005, Litomyšl. member of OC,PC 2004-2005
- 8. XXXI. Meeting of the European Pediatric Ophthalmological Society, November 2005, Warsaw. member of OC 2004-2005
- 9. Symposium Trends in pediatric ophthalmology. Na Homolce hospital, November 2006, Prague. member of PC 2005-2006
- 10. VIII. international symposium of pediatric ophthalmology, May 2007, Bratislava member of OC,PC 2006-2007
- 11. II. Strabologic-ortoptic days, October 2008, Litomyšl. member of OC,PC 2007-2008
- Invitations for lectures:
- Total of 39 lectures (see list in appendix 2 according to direction of rector of MU, secion 4 paragraph 7, letter f)
- Major Publications:
- Total of 52 original articles in excerpted periodics (see list in appendix 2 according to direction of rector of MU, secion 4 paragraph 5, letter c, items c1 až c52), 35 articles in memorial volumes, 80 foreign magazines abstracts, 53 nationals abstracts. Total of 229 publication records. Total value of IF = 47,519.
Curriculum Vitae: prof. MUDr. Rudolf Autrata, CSc., MBA (učo 33370), version: English(10), last update: 2009/11/12 01:12, R. Autrata
Další varianta: čeština(9)