Main objectives can be summarized as follows:
to undferstand the principles of devices used in medicine with impetus on the field of physical therapy;
to recognize possible risks connected with the use of some medical devices (of mechanical, electromagnetic or optical character, ionizing radiation);
to accept rules and methods of safe use of this devices - both in patients and in the healthcare professionals;
to understand physical principles of some physiological processes (cardiovascular system, respiration, origin of membrane potentials;
to understand the main concepts of the biophysics of sensory organs;
to understand the main concepts in information theory and namely the healthcare informatics
Introduction into medical biophysics.
1. Introduction. Biophysical view on structure of matter.
2. Biological effects of ionising radiation.
3. Thermodynamic principles and entropy.
4. Thermodynamic processes in living organisms.
5. Introduction into molecular biophysics I (subject of study).
6. Introduction into molecular biophysics II (methods of study).
7. Biophysics of biomembranes. Bioelectric phenomena.
8. Biophysics of cardiovascular system.
9. Biophysics of respiratory system.
10. Biophysical function of sensory receptors. Biophysics of hearing.
11. Biophysics of vision.
12. Effects of mechanical forces and acoustic fields on the living organisms.
13. Biological effects of electromagnetic fields and non-ionising radiation.
14. Introduction into biocybernetics and modelling.
Physical principles of medical technology.
1. Medicine and technology. Biosignals and their processing.
2. Conventional X-ray imaging methods.
3. Modern tomographic methods (CT, MRI).
4. Radionuclide diagnostics.
5. Methods and instruments for ionising radiation therapy.
6. Measurement and registration of temperature.
7. Optical laboratory instruments.
8. Optical diagnostic instruments.
9. Electrodiagnostic methods.
10. Ultrasound imaging.
11. Ultrasound Doppler and duplex methods.
12. Measurement and registration of mechanical quantities.
13. Methods and instruments used in physiotherapy.
14. Modern physical methods in surgery. Lithotripsy.
15. Artificial body organs.
HRAZDIRA, Ivo, Vojtěch MORNSTEIN and Jiřina ŠKORPÍKOVÁ. Základy biofyziky a zdravotnické techniky. 1. vyd. Brno: Neptun, 2006. 312 s. ISBN 80-86850-01-3. info
The practical exercises in Biophysics are compulsory, missing practicals have to be substituted. The exam has theoretical character but can be done only with the credits gained for practicals. The exam consists of written test and oral part.
Language in which the course is taught
Further comments (probably available only v češtině)
Veškeré informace o výuce biofyziky, včetně konzultačních hodin
vyučujících jsou zveřejněny v blízkosti biofyzikálního
ústavu (chodba) ve 3. poschodí v budově LF Kamenice 3.