FI:PV243 Advanced Java tech. JBoss - Course Information
PV243 Advanced Java technologies: JBossFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Jiří Kolář, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Jiří Pechanec (lecturer), Ing. Jiří Pechanec (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Jiří Pechanec
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: Mgr. Jiří Kolář, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- PA165 Java Enterprise Applications || SOUHLAS
Good command of Java at the level reached in the PB162 PA165 is required.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 50 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/50, only registered: 0/50, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/50
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Image processing and analysis (programme FI, N-VIZ)
- Bioinformatics and systems biology (programme FI, N-UIZD)
- Computer Games Development (programme FI, N-VIZ_A)
- Computer Graphics and Visualisation (programme FI, N-VIZ_A)
- Cybersecurity Management (programme FI, N-RSSS_A)
- Formal analysis of computer systems (programme FI, N-TEI)
- Graphic design (programme FI, N-VIZ)
- Graphic Design (programme FI, N-VIZ_A)
- Hardware Systems (programme FI, N-PSKB_A)
- Hardware systems (programme FI, N-PSKB)
- Image Processing and Analysis (programme FI, N-VIZ_A)
- Information security (programme FI, N-PSKB)
- Informatics (programme FI, B-INF) (2)
- Informatics in education (programme FI, B-IVV) (2)
- Information Security (programme FI, N-PSKB_A)
- Quantum and other nonclassical computational models (programme FI, N-TEI)
- Networks and Communication (programme FI, N-PSKB_A)
- Computer graphics and visualisation (programme FI, N-VIZ)
- Networks and communication (programme FI, N-PSKB)
- Principles of programming languages (programme FI, N-TEI)
- Programming and development (programme FI, B-PVA)
- Cybersecurity management (programme FI, N-RSSS)
- Services development management (programme FI, N-RSSS)
- Software Systems Development Management (programme FI, N-RSSS)
- Services Development Management (programme FI, N-RSSS_A)
- Software Systems Development Management (programme FI, N-RSSS_A)
- Software Systems (programme FI, N-PSKB_A)
- Software systems (programme FI, N-PSKB)
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence (programme FI, N-UIZD)
- Teacher of Informatics and IT administrator (programme FI, N-UCI)
- Informatics for secondary school teachers (programme FI, N-UCI) (2)
- Digital Game Development (programme FI, N-VIZ)
- Big data (programme FI, N-UIZD)
- Natural language processing (programme FI, N-UIZD)
- Course objectives
- Goal of this course is to make student familiar with advanced Java EE technologies, with news in Java EE 6 a and teach them about JBOss technologies and how to work with JBoss.org projects.
- Learning outcomes
- Students should acquire knowledge about most recent technologies in Java EE and good overview over JBoss products.
- Intro into new features
- CDI, EJB 3.1
- Seam 3 (what is missing in CDI)
- Security in Java EE applications, JAAS
- Storage of data in a cloudu - Infinispan
- Clustering and scalability JBoss AS 7
- Management and monitoring of JBoss AS 7
- Marchioni F.: JBoss AS 7 Configuration, Deployment and Administration
- JBoss Community Portal - http://www.jboss.org/
- Rubinger A. L.: Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1
- Java EE 6 Tutorial - http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/tutorial/doc/
- Teaching methods
- Your own laptop capable to run J2EE is required. lectures, practical seminaries, group projects
- Assessment methods
- For a successful completion of the course, at least 70 points (out of 100) are required. The maximum total number of 100 points can be collected as follows: max 60 points for the a project, 40 for test.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught once in two years.
The course is taught: every other week.
- Teacher's information