FI:PV243 Advanced Java tech. JBoss - Course Information
PV243 Advanced Java technologies: JBossFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Jiří Kolář, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Jiří Pechanec (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Luděk Matyska, CSc.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: Mgr. Jiří Kolář, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- each odd Thursday 12:00–13:50 D2, each odd Thursday 14:00–15:50 B130; and Thu 17. 5. 12:00–13:50 D2, 14:00–15:50 B130
- Good command of Java at a basic level (comparable to the level reached in the PB162 and PV168 courses) is required. PA165 is recommended, but not reqired
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 50 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/50, only registered: 0/50, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/50
- Course objectives
- Goal of this course is to make student familiar with advanced Java EE technologies, with news in Java EE 6 a and teach them about JBOss technologies and how to work with JBoss.org projects. Students should acquire knowledge about most recent technologies in Java EE and good overview over JBoss products.
- Intro into new features
- CDI, EJB 3.1
- Seam 3 (what is missing in CDI)
- Security in Java EE applications, JAAS
- Storage of data in a cloudu - Infinispan
- Clustering and scalability JBoss AS 7
- Management and monitoring of JBoss AS 7
- Marchioni F.: JBoss AS 7 Configuration, Deployment and Administration
- JBoss Community Portal - http://www.jboss.org/
- Java EE 6 Tutorial - http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/tutorial/doc/
- Rubinger A. L.: Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1
- Teaching methods
- lectures, practical seminaries, group projects
- Assessment methods
- For a successful completion of the course, at least 70 points (out of 100) are required. The maximum total number of 100 points can be collected as follows: max 60 points for the a project, 40 for test.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught only once.