FSpS:nk2270 Theory of Personal Development - Course Information
nk2270 Theory of Personal Social DevelopmentFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 7/7/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. PhDr. Mgr. Marcela Janíková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Mgr. Marcela Janíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Mgr. Marcela Janíková, Ph.D.
Department of Sport Pedagogy - Faculty of Sports Studies
Contact Person: doc. PhDr. Mgr. Marcela Janíková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Sport Pedagogy - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Fri 28. 2. 18:00–19:40 B11/236, Fri 3. 4. 15:05–17:35 B11/311, Fri 24. 4. 8:00–9:40 D33/227 velká zasedací místnost
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- No prerequisites.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower and Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Physical Education (programme FSpS, N-TV, specialization Training of condition) (2)
- Lower and Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Physical Education (programme FSpS, N-TV, specialization Sports Education) (2)
- Course objectives
- The course aims to to provide students information about bases and principles of social personality development as a ideal, to meet the vast majority of efforts towards the helping professions. Teaching will be in this regard focused on students' ability to use knowledge acquired in other related subjects such as Introduction to Group Work Experience and education, respectively practice in future graduates. The focus of interest will, therefore, the concepts of social development of personality associated with the principle of reflective learning experientially representing a full and comprehensive learning platform by allowing reflected their own experiences efficiently and effectively convey knowledge, learn skills, influencing thinking (attitudes, values) and model behavior in the broadest sense of the word. In the course the students acquainted with modern educational concepts growing up the rich roots of teaching history, especially of J. Dewey, K. Lewin and D. Kolb. The current sources of thought, currents and directions will then be paid attention to works of authors who follow this tradition of thought and further elaborate, especially the emphasis on the process of reflection experience in the learning process (eg D. Schön, A. Brockbank, I . McGill, J. Moon, J. Mezirow, D. Sugerman, D. Boud, and many others). At the end of the course students at oral demonstrate knowledge of basic assumptions, principles and models applied in the current programs personality and social development will be able to apply this knowledge in other related subjects oriented design and implementation of these programs immediate contact with the client.
- Learning outcomes
- After finishing the course, the student is able to define key concepts from theory of personal social development, is knowledgeable in important figures connected with this topic, is able to interpret their concept of personal social development. He/she is able to practice this theoretical issue in practice.
- • Experience + Reflection = Social personality development? The truth and the myths • Humanistic approach and its role in the personal and social development (Rogers; encounter groups; Csikszentmihalyi) • Pragmatic pedagogy and psychology and its beliefs of personal and social development (Mead, Dewey) • Constructivism - the principles of thinking, learning and experience • D. Kolb´s Experiential learning and D. Schön´s reflective practice and their importance for the personal and social development • Current sources of the personal and social development (Mezirow, Boud, McGill, Broackbank, Priest, Gass, Nadler, Moon) • K. Lewin and his sense for the personal and social development – action research, group dynamics, T–groups
- K sobě, k druhým, k profesi : teorie, programy a metody osobnostního a sociálního rozvoje pedagogických pracovníků. Edited by Jan Kolář - Bohumíra Lazarová. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2008. 133 s. ISBN 9788021045958. info
- JIRÁSEK, Ivo. Ideové podloží rekreologie. 1. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého, 2007. 69 s. ISBN 9788024417844. info
- HOGAN, Christine. Understanding facilitation : theory & principles. 1st pub. London: Kogan Page, 2002. viii, 248. ISBN 9780749438265. info
- MCLAUGHLIN, Colleen and Richard Lee BYERS. Personal and social development for all. 1st pub. London: David Fulton Publishers, 2001. vi, 106. ISBN 1853466433. info
- COAN, Richard W. Optimální osobnost a duševní zdraví : hrdina, umělec, mudrc nebo světec? Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 1999. 232 s. ISBN 8071696625. info
- BERTRAND, Yves. Soudobé teorie vzdělávání. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 1998. 247 s. ISBN 80-7178-216-5. info
- JOHNS, Hazel. Personal development in counsellor training. 1st pub. by Cassell, London. London: Sage, 1996. xii, 148. ISBN 9780304329359. info
- L'ABATE, Luciano. A theory of personality development. Edited by Charles H. Bryson. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1994. xiv, 313. ISBN 0471303038. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture, group discussion, individual consultations, individual home work
- Assessment methods
- Active participation, written test.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fsps/spring2020/nk2270