PrF:DSANG2 English II - Course Information
DSANG2 English IIFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Štěpánka Dillingerová, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Radek Šimek, Ph.D.
Language Centre, Faculty of Law Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Lenka Pavlíková
- Completion of the DSANG1 course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 26 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The student should be able to understand and to use the specialized vocabulary used in the field of his/her interest when writing his/her dissertation. This is verified on a material of his/her own choice (150-200 pp.).When being examined the student is supposed to prove that he is able to read and understand a specialized text, to see peculiarities of academic English and to be able to discuss issues in the given field. S/he is also supposed to talk about ordinary life situations.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will able to read the scholarly texts and discuss issues of his field of interest.
- The student is supposed to read a selected book relating to the topic of his/her dissertation (150-200 pp.).
- recommended literature
- GARNER, Bryan A. A dictionary of modern legal usage. 2. ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001. xxvi, 953. ISBN 0195142365. info
- Teaching methods
- Studying on his/her own and indvidual consultations.
- Assessment methods
- The examination is oral. The student should be able to translate and discuss any part from the material he/she has brought.
- Language of instruction
- Teacher's information
- The student chooses the text on the basis of which the oral examination takes place (expert text from the field of study) in agreement with his/her examiner. The exam is recognized after submission of the certificate of passing the ILEC exam - it is marked A.