PdF:SPk108 Psychiatry - Course Information
SPk108 PsychiatryFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/.5. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. MUDr. Petr Kachlík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Petr Kachlík, Ph.D.
Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: PhDr. Mgr. Ilona Fialová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- SPk108/01: Fri 4. 12. 9:00–14:50 učebna 35, P. Kachlík
- Students will have a course syllabus. In their complaints, the teacher focuses on the more difficult or hot topics. It is assumed to have knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the CNS, biochemistry and organ mutual relations. If necessary, it is possible over the interpretation of new curriculum to verify and briefly recall the key findings. Office hours students can use to solve problems relating to the subject as well as his studies.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 12 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquaint students with significant pathological conditions and mental disorders, their symptoms, etiology, diagnosis, prevention, first aid and treatment, basic information about the diagnostic methods in psychiatry, chemistry CNS. Expected outcomes: student knows significant pathological conditions and mental disorders; knows ways of prevention and therapy; is able to provide first aid.
- Learning outcomes
- The student knows the basic risks, pathologies and relevant diseases;
can identify their symptoms;
knows the possibilities of prevention, first aid and treatment.
- Main topics (syllabus): • The content and history of discipline, a brief overview of its development. • Basics of psychiatric propaedeutics. • Neurobiology in psychiatry, overview of transmitters and their importance in the CNS. • Schizophrenia, definition, primary and secondary symptoms, main forms, etiology, genetics, therapy. • Mental and behavioral disorders due to drug reactions footer. • Dementia - a general overview, types, etiology, symptoms, treatment and prevention. • Affective disorders - incidence, definition, etiology, types, symptoms, treatment and prevention. • Epilepsy - characteristics, etiology, classification, symptoms, treatment, first aid, EEG epileptology. • Neurotic disorders, disorders caused by stress, phobic states, obsessive-compulsive disorder. • Dissociative and somatoform disorders.
- required literature
- ZVOLSKÝ, Petr. Obecná psychiatrie. 2. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 1997. 192 s. ISBN 8071844942. info
- ZVOLSKÝ, Petr. Speciální psychiatrie. Praha: Univerzita Karlova v Praze, nakladatelství Karolinum, 2003. 206 s. ISBN 8071842036. info
- KACHLÍK, P. Poznámky k vybraným kapitolám z psychiatrie. 1. vyd. Brno: PdF MU, 2010. Dostupné online: http://www.ped.muni.cz/wsedu/index.php?p=terminy-zima2006
- recommended literature
- RABOCH, Jiří and Petr ZVOLSKÝ. Psychiatrie. 1. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2002. xxxi, 622. ISBN 802460390X. info
- VÁGNEROVÁ, Marie. Psychopatologie pro pomáhající profese. Vyd. 5., rozš. a přeprac. Praha: Portál, 2012. 870 s. ISBN 9788026202257. info
- HYNIE, Sixtus. Psychofarmakologie v praxi : farmakologie látek ovlivňujících CNS a senzorický systém. 1. vyd. Praha: Galén, 1995. 320 s. ISBN 8085824175. info
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical preparation of the recommended printed and electronic information resources. Feedback - students can ask questions during the lectures, comments, suggestions for discussion. If necessary, it is possible to further discuss these suggestions in teachers consultation hours.
- Assessment methods
- To pass the course is required written test of 30 questions in the Syllabus. The answers are offered a closed form, the right is just one of several listed. It should reach at least 50% correct answers. In case of disagreement the student, or other obstacles to accomplish in writing form, is possible to testing as well as verbally. The teacher enters the listener 3 questions based on the syllabus permit him written preparation.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 6 hodin.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2020/SPk108