PdF:VZkM12 Methodology - Health Education - Course Information
VZkM12 Methodology - Health Education 1Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/.7. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Mgr. Lenka Adámková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PaedDr. Vladislav Mužík, CSc. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Mgr. Leona Mužíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Mgr. Jitka Slaná Reissmannová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PaedDr. Vladislav Mužík, CSc.
Department of Physical Education and Health Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Andrea Špačková
Supplier department: Department of Physical Education and Health Education - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VZkM12/01: Fri 16. 10. 8:00–11:50 učebna 30, Fri 30. 10. 8:00–11:50 učebna 27, L. Mužíková, J. Slaná Reissmannová
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Health Education (programme PdF, N-VZ2) (2)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Health Education (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- Upon completion of the course the students will be able to describe the main objectives and content of the educational field Health education. The students will be able to apply the knowledge of education and psychology in Health education and demonstrate various applications on specific examples.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course the students will:
Be able to use the knowledge of general didactics and other educational and psychological disciplines included in the common scientific basis of teacher training courses,
Be able to define specific problems associated with teaching health education in elementary school,
Be able to include health education in the system of education and the Framework educational programme for elementary education,
Be able to define the didactic skills of a teacher of health education,
Be able to use activating teaching methods in health education, and analyse a lesson.
- 1. Health education in the system of education. Concept of a health education course in the past and present. Future of health education;
- 2. Specific problems of teaching health education. Educational process, organization of health education;
- 3. Vertical and horizontal cross-curricular links. Integration of subjects;
- 4. Concept and analysis of educational objectives of health education;
- 5. Teacher personality. Didactic skills of a teacher of health education;
- 6. Teacher preparation for classes (perspective, immediate). Didactic analysis of the learning content of health education;
- 7. Teaching methods and their use in teaching health education;
- 8. Activating teaching methods in health education. Didactic and psychological games. Problem-solving in classes. Drama education;
- 9. Learning tasks in health education;
- 10. Procedural means of teaching health education. Learning aids;
- 11. Diagnosis of students’ knowledge and skills. Assessment and marking of students in health education;
- 12. Observation and analysis of classes. Didactic transformation of topics.
- required literature
- KREJČÍ, Milada. Výchova ke zdravému životnímu stylu. 1. vyd. Plzeň: Fraus, 2011. 192 s. ISBN 9788072389308. info
- recommended literature
- SIEGLOVÁ, Dagmar. Konec školní nudy : didaktické metody pro 21. století. První vydání. Praha: Grada, 2019. 336 stran. ISBN 9788027122547. info
- BROWN, Peter C., Henry L. ROEDIGER and Mark A. MCDANIEL. Nauč se to! : jak se s pomocí vědy efektivněji učit a více si pamatovat. Vydání první. Brno: Jan Melvil, 2017. 280 stran. ISBN 9788075550309. info
- PASCH, Marvin. Od vzdělávacího programu k vyučovací hodině. Vyd. 2. Praha: Portál, 2005. 416 s. ISBN 8073670542. info
- KALHOUS, Zdeněk and Otto OBST. Školní didaktika. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 2002. 447 s. ISBN 807178253X. info
- HUNTER, Madeline C. Účinné vyučování v kostce. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 1999. 101 s. ISBN 8071782203. info
- Teaching methods
- The course is delivered in the form of seminars. Students shall discuss various topics as per the course syllabus.
- Assessment methods
- Students shall present and discuss their seminar papers during the teaching blocks.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 8 hodin.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2020/VZkM12