FF:AEA_08 Computer Technology IA - Course Information
AEA_08 Computer Technology IAFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Macháček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petr Dresler, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Macháček, Ph.D.
Department of Archaeology and Museology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jitka Šibíčková
Supplier department: Department of Archaeology and Museology - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 10:00–11:40 L11
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- AEA_01 Introduction to Archaeology && AEA_73 Prospection methodology && ! NOWANY ( PAPVA_40 Computer Technology IA )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 16 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 8/16, only registered: 0/16
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 13 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Course description: Practice with the operating system Windows and with the word processing programme Word. Introduction to working with archaeological databases (the programmes Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel).
- 1. Introduction to computer aid in archaeology. 2. Theoretical bases of computer aid in archaeology. 3. Computer aid and archaeological method. 4. Archaeological analysis. Definitions of entities and qualities. 5. Archaeological descriptive systems. 6. Work with a database. Definition of database systems. Information on main database programmes. 7. Starting and closing of the Microsoft Access programme. Creating and opening of a database. 8. Database design. Database design process. Determination of required fields purposes. 9. Data types. Creation of database tables. 10. Adding on records. Modification of records. Copying, shifting or removal of data. 11. Searching and sequencing of data. Filtering of records in a simple database. 12. Creation of simple database forms. 13. More complex database forms. Form controls – inventory, field with inventory. 14. Practising of the studied issues. 15. Summation and test.
- Teaching methods
- active work in the seminar, group projects
- Assessment methods
- Requirements for the course-unit credit: -Active participation at the seminar - Coping with Word 6.0 text editor; printing of a text; work with diskettes; usage of graphics.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on completion of the course: Pro získání zápočtu je třeba aktivní účast na semináři a prokázání základních znalostí o odpřednášených metodách.
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Předmět není určen pro studenty I. ročníku.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/AEA_08