FF:PSMA019 Clinical Psych. Experience - Course Information
PSMA019 Work Experience in Clinical PsychologyFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/7. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. PhDr. Hana Přikrylová Kučerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Hana Přikrylová Kučerová, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jarmila Valchářová
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- Active interest of the student associated with knowledge of basal rules and ethical issues of health-care institutions of Czech Republic.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Psychology (programme FF, N-PSYCH_)
- Course objectives
- Students will participate in a treatment program or an internship at individually chosen clinical institution.
- Learning outcomes
- After the practice is student able to:
- summarize the essential specifics of the duties of the clinical psychologist, hospital care system, etc.;
- identify and describe the characteristics of the workplace and the activities of clinical psychologists at the workplace;
- write a brief report on the course of practice based on self-reflection;
- apply psychological theories and principles to a practical problem in context of clinical approach;
- analyze specific clinical approach of the hospital (clinical workplace) with respect to current scientific knowledge in the field of clinical psychology, psychodiagnostics and psychotherapy;
- design an individualized therapeutic or diagnostic plan using the experience of a supervising psychologist or current scientific knowledge from the field of clinical psychology;
- be familiar with the documents related to hospitalization.
- 1. Getting to know the hospital/workplace.
- 2. Cooperation with clinical psychologists at a department (at least for 7 days) under the supervision of a clinical psychologist.
- 3. Reflection and evaluation of internship together with guarantor of practice (supervisor).
- ŘÍČAN, Pavel and Dana KREJČÍŘOVÁ. Dětská klinická psychologie. 4., přeprac. a dopl. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2006. 603 s. ISBN 8024710498. info
- Klinická psychologie v praxi. Edited by Bohumila Baštecká. 1. vyd. Praha: Portál, 2003. 420 s. ISBN 80-7178-735-3. info
- Klinická psychologie a somatická psychoterapie. Edited by Lubomír Vašina. 1. vyd. Brno: NEPTUN, 2002. 233 s. ISBN 80-902896-4-9. info
- Teaching methods
- Active participation in the clinic (health-care institution) under the supervision of a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist (duration: at least 5 days)- will be confirmed by psychologist in the clinical institution. Theoretical and practical training for practice; writing a report from practice - 2 days - will be confirmed by the practice supervisor (guarantor) at PsÚ FF.
- Assessment methods
- Students are obliged to write a report focused on participation in treatment programs and have confirmed the form of internship in the clinic.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 7 dní.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2021/PSMA019