PřF:Bi7893 Seminar Loschmidt Laboratories - Course Information
Bi7893 Seminar of Loschmidt LaboratoriesFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Zbyněk Prokop, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Radka Chaloupková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jan Brezovský, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr.
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Fri 8:00–10:50 A13-332
- Completion of basic courses of biochemistry and/or molecular biology is a prerequisite for subscription to the course. ability to communicate in English
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course, the students should be able to independently: (i) design experiments, (ii) carry out laboratory work, (iii) interpret the results and (iv) present them to the scientific community by a lecture or a paper.
- * Screening of New Proteins by Bioinformatic Analysis * Rational Design of Proteins by Computer Modelling * Construction of Modified Proteins by Site-Directed Mutagenesis and Directed Evolution * Characterization of Modified Proteins by Biochemical and Biophysical Techniques
- Protein Structure and Function, Gregory A. Petsko, Dagmar Ringe, New Science Press, 2004 ISBN 1405119225, 9781405119221, str. 195
- Teaching methods
- The lecture is taught by interpretation of powerpoint templates prepared according to textbooks, monographs and articles. Templates are shown during the lecture, the contents are explained and accompanied by teacher commentary.
- Assessment methods
- graded credit
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.