- 1.What is a question set?The term of question set refers to a text file containing questions and answers to these. It usually has the .qdefx suffix. The Information System allows you to create question sets, which may comprise questions of numerous types, with the aid of special forms, for further information, please see the help section:The Information system Help (Elearning) ROPOT question typesProvided you want to enter questions of the types more complicated than those exemplified, you are advised to contact an e-technician for assistance since these cannot be entered via any available form. If you decide to enter them by yourself, please ensure that you take the prescribed steps (only in Czech).
- 2.What am I supposed to do to create a new question set and fill it with questions using the forms?To go to the page allowing you to work with question sets, please use the following path:The Information system Teacher [choosen course] ROPOT Question Sets - create, editClick on “Create a new question set”, enter a name for it, and specify the folder in which you want the set to be placed. The usual location (inaccessible to students by default) is the folder titled “testbank”. Finally, remember to save the information you have entered. o be taken to the page enabling you to enter your questions, click on “Enter questions”, The application allows you to open forms designed for posting individual types of questions by clicking on corresponding letters. By moving a cursor over a letter, you will cause the information on the selected question type to be displayed.
Each form is accompanied by instructions on how it should be filled in. To display these, please click on the red question mark situated near the form. To save the contents of the form, click on “Save”. Provided you want to add some more questions to your set, continue repeating the same procedure until you are done. Any question you have entered into the System before can be edited any time later on. If you decide to do so, you have a choice of two editing options - “using a form” or “using a text editor”. The references to these can be found in the green section of each question. However, the users are recommended to choose the text editor option only if they are familiar with the tags utilized in this particular mode.
1 Choice of question type.
After entering your questions, you might want to check them by “answering” them and clicking on the “Check the answers” button. This will cause the correct answers you have provided to be marked green and the incorrect ones red. While checking your answers, you may also want to enable one of the options available at the bottom of the page (e.g. “make the evaluation case-sensitive”, “make the evaluation diacritics-sensitive”, etc.). Nevertheless, if you intend to penalize your students for not keeping to the required case or diacritics, you must enable these options in the ROPOT description section.
1 Links to edit the question.Pozor
Enabling them for checking purposes in the application designed for entering your questions has absolutely no effect on how your students' answers will be evaluated later on!
- 3.What types of questions is it possible to enter with the aid of the forms?Using the forms, you can enter the following types of questions (the list below contains letters used for the individual types followed by their names suggesting the purposes they have been designed for):
- r: Select the answer you consider correct (one per question)
- c: Select all the alternatives you consider correct (several per question)
- t: Provide missing information or translate
- m: Put in the right order or match
- v: Select the alternative you consider correct from a menu
- s: Put the words in the right order
- a: Type in an answer
- n: Enter a number
- b: To display the answer, click on the key icon
- 4.How do I insert a video into ROPOT?For instructions on how to insert videos into the ROPOT application, see the Playing Videos in IS.
- 5.How do I put math in the ROPOT?The notation of mathematical expressions both in the question entry and in the individual answers is entered using LaTeX notation into the <M> tag, which are inserted into the figure. You can verify the LaTeX code in the application Ladění vstupu pro Tex2img (only in Czech).
You can view the notation of mathematical expressions using LaTeX notation in the sample ROPOT.
1 Sample source code of the question.
- 6.What can I utilize the HTML editor for?The HTML editor allows you to easily format the question entry (use bold, italics, colors, etc.) in a similar way as in programs such as MS Word or OpenOffice.org. Using the "Insert special characters" icon you can enter some special characters (e.g. &, <, & and more). You can easily insert an image using the "Image" icon . We recommend that you first save the image to the testbank folder (/tb/) and then link it from that folder.
- 7.Is there any way of finding out that a newly created question set contains several copies of the same question?To find this out, please use the application designed for detecting duplicates. The following path will take you to it:The Information system Teacher [chosen course] ROPOT Question SetsLocate the question set you want to check for duplicate questions and click on "duplicate". The System will display the list of all the questions that appear in the set more than once and you will be offered an option of removing these.Pozor
Provided some questions contain the same text and only differ in form (e.g. use a different font), the System will not consider them duplicates. Likewise, if one of two otherwise identical questions contains a typo, the questions will be considered different and thus will not be listed among the duplicates either. The same applies to the questions of the :r and :c types which contain the same answers listed in different orders.
- 8.Can I compare the contents of question sets?Yes, you can. To do so, use the following path:The Information system Teacher [choose course] ROPOT Question SetsLocate the question set you want to compare with some other and click on "compare sets". Then, specify the other set for the comparison (you might want to use the quick selection option) and click on 'Compare sets'. The application will display a page divided into three sections – one listing the questions only present in the first set, the other listing those only present in the second set, and the last one containing the questions present in both, i.e. duplicates.
- 9.The ROPOT application does not display my table correctly? What shall I do?Provided you are trying to enter a table into a ROPOT application using the HTML editor and it does not display correctly, you should edit the source code of the question (its text format) containing the table in the plain text editor by inserting the <html> tag in front of the table. The <html> tag does not require use of any closing tag.
Please ensure that you really enter the tag using the plain text editor (not the HTML one) since otherwise it would be considered part of the text making up the question. If you are entering a table into your question using the text editor from scratch, you may, for the sake of its correct display, want to squeeze the table code into one line only. Another option is the aforementioned insertion of the <html> tag, which allows you to make the table code span several lines and thus easier to read (white spaces are ignored).
- 10.I have an error in the evaluation part of the question, what should I do?If the question was used in the ROPOT and the students have the wrong number of points, use the application to correct the answers inThe Information system Teacher [choose course] ROPOT Work with ROPOT Change the marking of right/wrong answers in the evaluation sectionSelect the description for which you want to fix the error, find the problematic question, and select "Fix Scoring." If you want to correct more than one question at a time, click the selected questions and click "Edit questions at once". The format of the answers is the same as when entering questions with a text editor.
- For: r questions, you must rewrite the number after: r to the one that indicates the correct answer. Only one can always be marked as correct. In case of incorrect scoring it is necessary adjust the number of points at the end of the line (after the "ok" mark).
- For: c questions, the line with the wrong answer must be rewritten to the correct one or deleted completely. At least one must always be marked as correct.
- For other types of questions, the correction is made analogously.
Corrections are not used to fix question sets. It only works as a calculation of points in the notebook, the sets need to be corrected separately.
- 11.I would like to copy and move questions across multiple question sets. Is there any way to do so?Yes, there is. Apart from moving and copying questions within the same question set, you can also do so across the sets.
1 Possibilities of moving questions.
- You may want to use the option “Move/copy into a new question set” to create a new question set from the questions contained in another
set created before.
To do so, click on the aforementioned button, i.e. “Move/copy into a new question set”, and select those of the questions that you want to
move/copy (you should specify which of the two operations you want the System to perform). Provided you decide on the former, the selected questions
will be removed from the source question set. You will also be prompted to enter a name for the target set and specify the folder you want it
to be stored in. To complete the moving/copying operation, please click on “OK”.
Using the aforementioned technique, you cannot move questions from a question set A to that of B created before! That is, the operation always creates a brand new question set (the target one)!
- Another option you might find useful is that of “Move/copy from another question set”, which allows you to load a question set with all the questions making up another set. To do so, click on the “Move/copy from another question set” button and specify the question behind which you want the other set to be pasted. Provided you check the remove the source file option, the source question set will be removed. To complete the operation, click on “OK”.
- You may want to use the option “Move/copy into a new question set” to create a new question set from the questions contained in another set created before. To do so, click on the aforementioned button, i.e. “Move/copy into a new question set”, and select those of the questions that you want to move/copy (you should specify which of the two operations you want the System to perform). Provided you decide on the former, the selected questions will be removed from the source question set. You will also be prompted to enter a name for the target set and specify the folder you want it to be stored in. To complete the moving/copying operation, please click on “OK”.
- 12.Whenever I enter a colon as part of my question, the System reports an error. What is wrong?Each time you want to use a colon (':') in your question, remember to enter it as the following string: 58;. Please make sure you do not separate the pound (hash) sign and the number following it with a space since otherwise this would make the System view it as an answer object.
- 13.Can I use CSS when creating questions?Yes, you can. To import style sheets, use the following:
<style type="text/css">@import "/auth/el/fakulta/obdobi/predmet/cesta/styly/soubor.css";</style>Importing style sheets any other way (e.g. using the <link> tag) is not possible.
- 14.Is it possible to insert a comment for individual needs in individual questions?You can add a comment to each individual question that is only visible to the teacher, in a set of questions or by inspecting the passages through the ROP. The comment is preceded by a "#" at the beginning of the line.Pozor
HTML editor creation comments not supported.
Provided you have failed to find the information you were searching for, you can contact us at