Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Technology and IT Education – Field of study catalogue MU
Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Technology and IT Education
- basic technical and information technology education as a prerequisite for further study Master degree vocational and technical and information education
- wider technical expertise and information technology readiness for the Bachelor's profession
- general and technical expertise and information technology knowledge and skills
- basic educational, educational and communication knowledge and skills
After successfully completing his/her studies the graduate is able to:
- have the basic theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in the fields of technical education (working with technical materials – wood, metal, plastic, electronics and electro technique), information science, pedagogy, psychology and learning theory
- work with different materials, is able to create electronic circuits and to work with information technologies
- possess competences of assistant instructors at schools
- teaching assistant teacher of technical and information education in primary schools
- network administrator and senior advisor in the field of computer technology in primary schools
- instructor of technical and information technology, leisure activities in the centres of free times
Standard length of studies is 3 years.
A part of the studies is foreign language, basic advanced knowledge of the language is expected at the minimal level A2 (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), which is built on in classes.
They may continue into the master's study to obtain full teaching qualifications.