Teacher Training in Foreign Languages - Russian Language – Field of study catalogue MU
Teacher Training in Foreign Languages - Russian Language
After successfully completing his/her studies the graduate is able to:
- have theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the field of phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, and lexicology
- demonstrate the knowledge of linguistic terminology and be able to use it when explaining specific linguistic issues
- demonstrate the knowledge of society, culture and history of the Russian and Russian countries
- identify cultural values and norms and interpret their significance in order to enhance respect for cultural and language diversity
- demonstrate an understanding of major literary movements in Russian literature, their main representatives and significant literary texts and relevant literary terms
- analyze literary texts as forms of cultural expression
Single-subject Bachelor's degree programme trains students for the position of a lecturer of the Russian language in the contexts of leisure-time activities in Leisure-time Centres, in language schools and courses, possibly in language classes in nurseries, and in adult language education. They are also capable of obtaining re-qualification in numerous professions easily, e.g. in public administration or company management.
Standard length of studies 3 years. A part of the studies is foreign language, basic advanced knowledge of the language is expected at the minimal level A2 (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), which is built on in classes.
Graduates are able to continue in the follow-up Master’s degree Field of Study Lower Secondary School and Language School Teacher Training in Russian Language.