FF:IJ2A033 Italian Dialectology - Course Information
IJ2A033 Italian DialectologyFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Alessandro Bitonti, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Christophe Gérard L. Cusimano (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Christophe Gérard L. Cusimano
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 14:00–15:40 G02
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- IJ1A055 Bachelor's State Exam || IJIA028 Bachelor's exam
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course, students should be able to: - understand and use the instruments and methods of the discipline; - have a general view of today’s dialects in Italy; - describe their phonetic, morphosyntaxical and lexical features.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will learn to identify the features of the several dialectal varieties and to use the instruments of the discipline (dictionaries, dialectal texts, linguistic atlas, grammars). The student will also learn to summarize the information coming from different sources, to develop critical sense, to communicate effectively, to work in group, to develop ideas and develop projects.
- The course will deal with: • differentiation of Vulgar Latin due to the influence of various substrata, • a systematic survey of modern Italian dialects and their classification, • phonetic, morphosyntactic and lexical characteristics of main dialects, • dialects and the linguistic contact.
- 1. Marcato Carla, 2007, Dialetto, dialetti e italiano, Roma, Il Mulino, ISBN 8815114246.
- 2. Grassi Corrado\ Sobrero Alberto A.\ Telmon Tullio, 2008, Introduzione alla dialettologia italiana, Roma, Laterza, ISBN 9788842069188.
- 3. Rohlfs Gerhard, 1969, Grammatica storica della lingua italiana e dei suoi dialetti, Torino, Einaudi, ISBN 8806030639.
- Teaching methods
- Lecture and practical activities: explanation of the basic notions and problems and their application on appropriate linguistic material.
- Assessment methods
- Oral test and discussion on the research materials. Students who don't attend the courses have to set an alternative syllabus with the teacher.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/IJ2A033