PřF:MAS01c Applied statistics I - exer. - Course Information
MAS01c Applied statistics I - exercisesFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1. 1 credit(s) (příf plus uk k 1 zk 2 plus 1 > 4). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Marie Budíková, Dr. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Tomáš Zeman, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Ivanka Horová, CSc.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
- Mon 8:00–8:50 MP1,01014
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- NOW ( MAS01 Applied statistics I )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/15, only registered: 0/15, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/15
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 318 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- This course is suitable for students who need to analyze real data sets. Upon completing this course, students will be able to: understand basic notation of mathematical statistics; analyze data in the STATISTICA system; check assumptions about data; interpret results of statistical processing.
- Exploratory analysis of data, diagnostics graphs. Random variables, probability distributions, numerical characteristics. Basic notions of mathematical statistics. Testing of normality. Parametrics and nonparametrics tests for one random sample and for two and more independent random samples. Contingency tables. Correlation analysis.
- BUDÍKOVÁ, Marie, Maria KRÁLOVÁ and Bohumil MAROŠ. Průvodce základními statistickými metodami (Guide to basic statistical methods). vydání první. Praha: Grada Publishing, a.s., 2010. 272 pp. edice Expert. ISBN 978-80-247-3243-5. URL info
- Teaching methods
- The weekly class schedule consists of 2 hour lecture and 1 hour of class exercises with special statistical software in computer classroom.
- Assessment methods
- The examination is partly written and partly oral. In the oral part, student presents his own statistical data analysis project. Colloquium has presentation part only, while credit is only written.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Předmět by si neměli zapisovat studenti matematických studijních oborů.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- MAS01 Applied statistics I
NOW(MAS01c) || NOW(MAS10c)
- MAS01 Applied statistics I
- Enrolment Statistics (Autumn 2012, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2012/MAS01c