PřF:MAS01c Applied statistics I - exer. - Course Information
MAS01c Applied statistics I - exercisesFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s) (příf plus uk k 1 zk 2 plus 1 > 4). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Marie Budíková, Dr. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PaedDr. RNDr. Stanislav Katina, Ph.D.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MAS01c/01: Mon 10:00–10:50 MP1,01014, Mon 10:00–10:50 MP2,01014a, M. Budíková
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- NOW ( MAS01 Applied statistics I )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 199 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to teach the student to use statistical software in the processing of data files.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing this course:
- student is able to perform exploratory data analysis;
- student controls simpler methods of inductive statistics;
- student can interpret outputs from statistical software.
- Exploratory analysis of data, diagnostics graphs. Random variables, probability distributions, numerical characteristics. Basic notions of mathematical statistics. Testing of normality. Parametrics and nonparametrics tests for one random sample and for two and more independent random samples. Contingency tables. Correlation analysis.
- Teaching methods
- The weekly class schedule consists of 1 hour of class exercises with special statistical software.
- Assessment methods
- Credit is written (possibly in the form of a ROPOT).
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
General note: Předmět by si neměli zapisovat studenti matematických studijních oborů.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- In this semester, teaching will take place remotely. Instructions for working with the STATISTICA system (in the form of videos) will be placed in the Learning Materials. During the time reserved for teaching in the schedule, consultations will take place via MS Teams.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2020/MAS01c