PdF:Ze0154 Integrated Field Education - J - Course Information
Ze0154 Integrated Field Education - JedovniceFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/3.3. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- doc. PaedDr. Eduard Hofmann, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Petr Knecht, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Hana Svobodová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PaedDr. Eduard Hofmann, CSc.
Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Kateřina Brabcová
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Geography (programme PdF, N-ZE2) (2)
- Course objectives
- Fieldwork is a complex teaching form which implies progressive teaching methods (experiment, laboratory work, short-term and long-term observations, project method, cooperative methods, methods of experience-driven pedagogy …) and various organizational forms of teaching (outing, field practice, excursion, thematic school trips – expeditions…). This form of instruction dwells on outdoor work – namely outside the school. Movement as a teaching form in fieldwork also contributes to a healthy life style. The main aim of the fieldwork is not only a collecting of quantitative data but the important is also the ability of perception of a particular place from its qualitative site.
- Learning outcomes
- After the course the student will be able to:
- orientate in the landscape;
- collect, organize and evaluate data about the landscape;
- to elaborate complex geographic characteristics of the territory;
- prepare your own fieldwork activities.
- Verification of systems of different types of outdoor activities focused on individual thematic circles of geography curriculum and other science or social subjects. The training takes place in Jedovnice, the professional workplace of science section. Activities are focused on as follows: 1. Learning how to work out geographic characteristics of a small area. 2. Learning how to use the following geographic skills in fieldwork: - work with compass and with various types of maps, aerial photographs and orthophotomaps; - plotting of various situations onto base maps 1:10 000; - creation of height profile and route length from tourist maps; - plotting of route onto thematic maps and confrontation with reality; - creation and description of a panoramic sketch; - comparison of changes in the landscape by means of historic and contemporary aerial photographs and confrontation with reality; - monitoring of weather changes; - creating photo-documentation; - working with natural materials;
- required literature
- HOFMANN, E., MÍSAŘOVÁ, D., HERCIK, J. Interdisciplinární terénní výuka. http://civ.upol.cz/soubory/vystupy/teorie/Hofmann_et_al_2014.pdf
- HOFMANN, Eduard. Integrované terénní vyučování. 1. vyd. Brno: Paido, 2003. 1 sv. ISBN 8073150549. info
- Teaching methods
- field work
- Assessment methods
- Block education. Thematic work.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 5 dní.