ESF:BPF_FIU1 Financial Accounting 1 - Course Information
BPF_FIU1 Financial Accounting 1Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Jana Vodáková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Petr Valouch, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Eva Hýblová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Michaela Jurová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Eva Hýblová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Ing. Filip Hampl (seminar tutor)
Ing. Bc. Jana Hvozdenská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Josef Nešleha (seminar tutor)
Ing. Mgr. Bc. Zdeněk Strmiska (seminar tutor)
doc. Ing. Jana Vodáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ivana Kupčíková, DiS. (assistant)
Ing. Zuzana Křížová, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Jana Vodáková, Ph.D.
Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Iva Havlíčková
Supplier department: Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Thu 10:00–11:50 P101
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
BPF_FIU1/02: Tue 16:00–17:50 P102, E. Hýblová
BPF_FIU1/03: Wed 10:00–11:50 P106, P. Valouch
BPF_FIU1/04: Tue 10:00–11:50 S305
BPF_FIU1/05: Tue 12:00–13:50 S314, J. Vodáková
BPF_FIU1/06: Thu 16:00–17:50 P304, M. Jurová
BPF_FIU1/07: Tue 16:00–17:50 P106, M. Jurová
BPF_FIU1/08: Mon 8:00–9:50 P403, Z. Strmiska
BPF_FIU1/09: Tue 12:00–13:50 P302b, E. Hýblová
BPF_FIU1/10: Tue 12:00–13:50 S310, J. Hvozdenská
BPF_FIU1/11: Tue 16:00–17:50 P103, J. Nešleha
BPF_FIU1/12: Tue 12:00–13:50 P102
BPF_FIU1/13: Thu 12:00–13:50 S310, Z. Strmiska
BPF_FIU1/14: Thu 14:00–15:50 P403, Z. Strmiska
BPF_FIU1/15: Wed 12:00–13:50 S310, E. Hýblová
BPF_FIU1/16: Tue 10:00–11:50 S310, J. Hvozdenská
BPF_FIU1/17: Tue 8:00–9:50 S310, J. Hvozdenská
BPF_FIU1/18: Thu 8:00–9:50 S310
- The course "Financial accounting I" follows previous compulsory courses of the faculty and knowledge gained there. No special prerequisites are demanded.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 520 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 522/520, only registered: 7/520, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 2/520
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 33 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Within this course the student will acquire: philosophy of accounting, its basic rulles, assumptions and generally accepted principles; the application of basic methods of accounting on economic events in commercial corporations of the Czech Republic; analysis of simple economic tasks, the ability to compile the accounting algorithm, and to assess the impact of the accounting solution on the net income.
- Learning outcomes
- Finishing this course the student will be able to:
- describe and explain basic principles, assumptions and principles of financial accounting;
- use basic methods of accounting to depict economic processes in corporations of the Czech Republic;
- analyze simple economic transactions, compile accounting procedures and assess the impact of accounting solution on the net income.
- 1. The core and functions of accounting, characteristic features and legal aspects of accounting, general accounting principles. Balance sheet in accounting, its function, system and utilization. 2. Assets and liabilities, their structure and definition, assets and liabilities classes, their mutual relations. Balance sheet system, impact of economic transactions on balance sheet. 3. Costs and revenues of accounting unit as part of profit and loss statement. 4. Methodical parts of accounting, account and account system, chart of accounts and outline of accounts, accounting documents, account books, accounting control system. 5. Liabilities and assets valuation in accounting unit, valuation principles, valuation base, valuation of assets of same class, financial assets valuation. 6. Taxes in accounting, theoretical approaches to long-term assets depreciation, methods of creation and clearance of reserves and adjusting items. 7. Methods of long-term assets depreciation (both accounting and tax perspective). 8. Reserves and adjusting items in accounting (prudence concept). 9. Financial accounts, their structure and importance, cash, cash in transit, bank accounts. 10. Inventory, its definition and inventory valuation method. Inventory function and basic accounting operations, two ways of accounting – A and B. Uniqueness of internally produced inventory accounting. 11. Classification of long-term assets, ways of their acquisition. Basic procedures of accounting of assets acquisition and depiction during their lifetime. 12. Clearing relations. Procedures of accounting of receivables and liabilities of accounting unit (from business relations, to employees and to shareholders). 13. Basic accounting techniques of costs and revenue. Equity and borrowed capital of accounting unit.
- required literature
- SEDLÁČEK, Jaroslav. Základy finančního účetnictví. Plzeň: Vydavatelství a nakladatelství Aleš Čeněk, 2016. 191 stran. ISBN 9788073806125. info
- SEDLÁČEK, Jaroslav, Eva HÝBLOVÁ and Zuzana KŘÍŽOVÁ. Praktikum finančního účetnictví pro ekonomická, finanční a právní studia. 3. upravené vydání. Plzeň: Vydavatelství a nakladatelství Aleš Čeněk, 2016. 179 stran. ISBN 9788073806095. info
- recommended literature
- RYNEŠ, Petr. Podvojné účetnictví a účetní závěrka : průvodce podvojným účetnictvím k 1.1.2020. 20. aktualizované vydání. Olomouc: Anag, 2020. 1119 stran. ISBN 9788075542540. info
- RANDÁKOVÁ, Monika. Finanční účetnictví v České republice. Vyd. 1. V Praze: Vysoká škola ekonomická, 2015. 227 stran. ISBN 9788024520766. info
- STEJSKALOVÁ, Irena. Finanční účetnictví pro manažery : s netradičně pojatými případovými studiemi. 2. aktualizované vydání. Praha: Wolters Kluwer, 2018. 191 stran. ISBN 9788075980366. info
- DVOŘÁKOVÁ, Dana. Finanční účetnictví a výkaznictví podle mezinárodních standardů IFRS. 4. aktualiz. a rozš. vyd. Brno: BizBooks, 2014. xi, 327. ISBN 9788026501497. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture of the theory, on the seminars accounting of basic economic operations typical for businesses using relating chart of accounts. Preparing of simplified financial statements.
- Assessment methods
- Continuous assessment within the course, fulfilment concurrently:
- compulsory attendance of seminars, only three absences are tolerated,
- public presence of an assigned example,
- passing of two written control tests evaluated maximally by 27 points per test. Minimal required score: 34 points. Points score is understood as a sum of evaluation of two partial control tests. If this condition is not fulfilled it is possible to compensate it only by passing of a correction test evaluated by 27 points as maximum and 17 points as required minimum.
Written exam test may content multiple choice, from 2 to 3 theoretical questions and from 2 to 3 practical examples. As maximum student can get 30 points, for successfully passing the exam minimum 19 points is required.
Any copying, recording or leaking tests, use of unauthorized tools, aids and communication devices, or other disruptions of objectivity of exams (credit tests) will be considered non-compliance with the conditions for course completion as well as a severe violation of the study rules. Consequently, the teacher will finish the exam (credit test) by awarding grade "F" in the Information System, and the Dean will initiate disciplinary proceedings that may result in study termination.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
General note: Přednášky jsou dostupné online a ze záznamu.
Credit evaluation note: k = 1,5.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/autumn2020/BPF_FIU1