ESF:BPF_FIU1 Financial Accounting 1 - Course Information
BPF_FIU1 Financial Accounting 1Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Jaroslav Sedláček, CSc. (lecturer)
Ing. Zuzana Křížová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Petr Valouch, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Eva Hýblová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Bc. Alois Konečný, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Michaela Jurová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Jaroslav Sedláček, CSc.
Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Iva Havlíčková
- Thu 11:05–12:45 P101
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
BPF_FIU1/02: No timetable has been entered into IS. P. Valouch
BPF_FIU1/03: Wed 11:05–12:45 P106, P. Valouch
BPF_FIU1/04: Tue 11:05–12:45 S307, Z. Křížová
BPF_FIU1/05: Wed 14:35–16:15 P403, A. Konečný
BPF_FIU1/06: Thu 16:20–17:55 P304, M. Jurová
BPF_FIU1/07: Thu 18:00–19:35 P304, P. Valouch
BPF_FIU1/08: Wed 18:00–19:35 P102, M. Jurová
BPF_FIU1/09: Mon 11:05–12:45 P201, Z. Křížová
BPF_FIU1/10: Tue 12:50–14:30 P201, E. Hýblová
BPF_FIU1/11: Mon 9:20–11:00 P201, Z. Křížová
BPF_FIU1/12: Tue 12:50–14:30 S301, A. Konečný
BPF_FIU1/13: Wed 11:05–12:45 S309, E. Hýblová
BPF_FIU1/14: Tue 16:20–17:55 P103, M. Jurová
BPF_FIU1/15: Wed 16:20–17:55 S310, M. Jurová
BPF_FIU1/16: Wed 12:50–14:30 S309, A. Konečný
BPF_FIU1/17: Tue 9:20–11:00 S307, Z. Křížová
BPF_FIU1/18: Tue 14:35–16:15 S306, A. Konečný
BPF_FIU1/19: Thu 14:35–16:15 P403, M. Jurová
BPF_FIU1/20: Thu 12:50–14:30 P312, P. Valouch
BPF_FIU1/21: Wed 14:35–16:15 S310, E. Hýblová
BPF_FIU1/22: Tue 7:40–9:15 S310, A. Konečný
BPF_FIU1/23: Tue 9:20–11:00 S310, A. Konečný
BPF_FIU1/24: Wed 7:40–9:15 P403, A. Konečný
BPF_FIU1/25: Wed 9:20–11:00 P106, A. Konečný
BPF_FIU1/26: Thu 12:50–14:30 P102, M. Jurová
BPF_FIU1/27: Thu 18:00–19:35 P201, M. Jurová
BPF_FIU1/28: Tue 18:00–19:35 P106, M. Jurová
- ! PFFUI Financial Accounting I
The course Financial accounting I is a follow-up to the basic courses at the faculty and knowledge gained there. No special prerequisites are demanded.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 792 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/792, only registered: 0/792, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/792
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 19 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course a student should be able to:
- describe and explain basic principles, assumptions and principles of financial accounting;
- use basic methods of accounting viewing economic processes in companies;
- to analyze the simple economic problems, establish a procedure to assess the impact of accounting and financial solutions for profit.
- 1. Substance and functions of accounting, characteristic features and legal aspects of accounting, general accounting principles. Balance sheet in accounting, its function, system and utilization.
- 2. Assets and liabilities, their structure and definition, assets and liabilities classes, their mutual relations. Balance sheet system, impact of economic transactions on balance sheet.
- 3. Costs and revenues of accounting unit as part of profit and loss statement.
- 4. Methodical parts of accounting, account and account system, chart of accounts and outline of accounts, accounting documents, account books, accounting control system.
- 5. Liabilities and assets valuation in accounting unit, valuation principles, valuation base, valuation of assets of same class, financial assets valuation.
- 6. Taxes in accounting, theoretical approaches to long-term assets depreciation, methods of creation and clearance of reserves and adjusting items.
- 7. Methods of long-term assets depreciation (both accounting and tax perspective).
- 8. Reserves and adjusting items in accounting (prudence concept).
- 9. Financial accounts, their structure and importance, cash, cash in transit, bank accounts.
- 10. Inventory, its definition and inventory valuation method. Inventory function and basic accounting operations, two ways of accounting – A and B. Uniqueness of internally produced inventory accounting.
- 11. Classification of long-term assets, ways of their acquisition. Basic procedures of accounting of assets acquisition and depiction during their lifetime.
- 12. Clearing relations. Procedures of accounting of receivables and liabilities of accounting unit (from business relations, to employees and to shareholders).
- 13. Basic accounting techniques of costs and revenue. Equity and borrowed capital of accounting unit.
- required literature
- Sedláček, Jaroslav - Hýblová, Eva - Křížová, Zuzana - Valouch, Petr: Finanční účetnictví. Brno, Masarykova univerzita, 2010. 240 s. ISBN 978-80-210-5268-0
- Sedláček, Jaroslav - Hýblová, Eva - Křížová, Zuzana: Praktikum finančního účetnictví pro ekonomická, finanční a právní studia. Plzeň: Vydavatelství a nakladatelství Aleš Čeněk, s.r.o., 2010. 176 s. ISBN 978-80-7380-283-7.
- Teaching methods
- Lecture of the theory, on the seminars accounting of basic economic operations typical for companies using the chart for the target businesses. Compilation of simplified financial statements.
- Assessment methods
- 2 follow-up written tests (two tests at 27 points for admission to examination must be a minimum of 17 points), written examination (2 to 3 theoretical questions and 2 to 3 examples maximum can get 30 points for successfully passing the exam min. 19 points)
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Nezapisují si studenti, kteří absolvovali předmět PFFUI.
Credit evaluation note: k = 1,5.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses