ESF:MPJ_JII1Ra Foreign Language II/1 - R - Course Information
MPJ_JII1Ra Foreign Language II/1 - RussianFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Monika Ševečková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Mgr. Blanka Pojslová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Monika Ševečková, Ph.D.
Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Lucie Jurková
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MPJ_JII1Ra/01: Wed 8:00–9:50 S306, M. Ševečková
- The prerequisite for active involvement in this course is mastering the language skills practised in the preparatory courses JII/A and JII/B (A2+/B1)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 60 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 9/60, only registered: 0/60, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/60
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 24 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Language II/1 extends the knowledge of general language gained in the preparatory courses Language II/A and Language II/B and pays particular attention to the specialized language of economics seen as a basis of successful and effective communication.
In the course students practise their ability to understand specialized texts, identify and interpret their main ideas and translate them into the mother tongue with the use of a dictionary.
Students learn to role-play conversations in business situations and master basic types of business correspondence.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
interpret the main ideas of the specialized text;
formulate ones view during the discusion;
master basic types of business correspondence.
Knowledge acquired in this course will serve as a basis for the follow-up course in the summer term which is finished by an exam at the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course students will be able to: interpret the main ideas of the specialized text; formulate ones view during the discusion; master basic types of business correspondence. Knowledge acquired in this course will serve as a basis for the follow-up course in the summer term which is finished by an exam at the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference.
- 1. Innovations. Business letter.
- 2. Communication. Telephone call.
- 3. Conflicts. Dialogue.
- 4. New job. Offer.
- 5. Advertisement. Analysis of a service.
- 6. Finance. Business plan.
- Zápočtový test.
- required literature
- Kotane, Lyudmyla. Russian for business - B1. Sankt-Peterburg, Zlatoust, 2014
- recommended literature
- MROVĚCOVÁ, Ljuba. Russkij jazyk v torgovle. Vyd. 1. Brno: Computer Press, 2007. vii, 463. ISBN 9788025115985. info
- MYRONOVA, Halyna and Dita GÁLOVÁ. Ruština pro podnikatelskou sféru. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2003. 136 s. ISBN 8021032588. info
- BALCAR, Milan. Ruská gramatika v kostce. Vyd. 1. Praha: Leda, 1999. 125 s. ISBN 80-85927-56-X. info
- DYNDA, Antonín and Eva DYNDOVÁ. Česko-ruská obchodní korespondence. Translated by Tamara Gorroňová. 1. vyd. Praha: Pragoeduca, 1998. xxv, 524 s. ISBN 80-85856-64-6. info
- Teaching methods
- The course is taught in the form of seminars.
- Assessment methods
- The course is concluded by a test. Students are allowed to sit the test if they meet the following requirements: 1. 80 % attendance in seminars. 2. Active participation - continuous preparation, homework. 3. Business letter in Russian language (half a standard page) A test is considered successful if a student reaches at least 60 % of points There are grammar and lexical exercises in the test, one concerning specialized text, listening and writing.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses