ESF:MPJ_JII2Fb Foreign Language II/2 - F - Course Information
MPJ_JII2Fb Foreign Language II/2 - FrenchFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Marie Červenková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Daniela Veškrnová (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Šárka Novotná, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Mgr. Blanka Pojslová (assistant)
- Mgr. Marie Červenková, Ph.D.
Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Lucie Jurková
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MPJ_JII2Fb/01: Tue 10:00–11:50 S306, M. Červenková
MPJ_JII2Fb/02: Wed 16:00–17:50 S305, D. Veškrnová
- ( MPJ_JII1Fa Foreign Language II/1 - F )
The prerequisite for successful involvement in the course is mastering the language skills which form the contents of the previous courses Language II/A, Language II/B and Language II/1.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 90 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 23/90, only registered: 0/90, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/90
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 24 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Language II/2 extends the subject matter of Language II/1 and its aim is to reinforce and improve all the skills developed in the previous course. The aim of the course is to achieve the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- master basic types of business correspondence - CV, memo, fax, e-mail, business letter
- present specialized topics
- follow and take part in specialized discussions, give their opinion and come up with solutions
- negotiate in every-day business situations
- process advanced forms of professional literature.
After successfully completing the course, the specialized language will be an open system which the students can adapt to their professional needs.
- Company (economic sectors, analysis and comparison of results, trends and selling techniques, company hierarchy);
- Work (assigning tasks, office equipment, working relationships, work abroad);
- Recruitment - Looking for a job (job opportunities, covering letter, CV, a job interview);
- The Art of Discussion (giving opinions, disagreement, point of view, comparison; internet forum);
- recommended literature
- TAUZIN, Béatrice and Anne-Lyse DUBOIS. Objectif express : le monde professionnell en français : [A1/A2]. Éd. 2. Paris: Hachette, 2006. 192 s. ISBN 2011554276. info
- DUBOIS, Anne-Lyse and Béatrice TAUZIN. Objectif express 2: Le Monde professionnel en français B1/B2.1. Nouvelle édition. : Hachette, 2016. 224 pp. ISBN 978-2-01-401575-1. info
- PENFORNIS, Jean-Luc. Français.com : méthode de français professionnel et des affaires. Paris: Cle International, 2002. 167 s. ISBN 2090331712. info
- PRAVDA, Miroslav and Marie PRAVDOVÁ. Francouzština pro samouky. Dotisk 2. vyd. Voznice: LEDA, 1999. 463 pp. ISBN 80-85927-07-1. info
- MAGRANER, Jean-Jacques and Marek ZAJĄC. Obchodní francouzština. 1. vyd. Havlíčkův Brod: Fragment, 1998. 153 s. ISBN 8072002503. info
- SACHS, Rudolf and Renata POHORSKÁ. Francouzská obchodní korespondence : Correspondance commerciale (Souběž.). 1. vyd. Plzeň: Fraus, 1999. 224 s. ISBN 80-85784-84-X. info
- CORADO, Lydie and Marie-Odile SANCHEZ-MACAGNO. Français des Affaires :350 exercices, textes, documents. 3. ed. Vanves: Hachette, 1990. 127 s. ISBN 2-01-016264-1. info
- Teaching methods
- The course is taught in the form of seminars.
- Assessment methods
- The course is concluded by a written and oral exam which fully covers the contents of all four terms of the language training programme, including the preparatory courses Language II/A and Language II/B.
Students may only sit the exam if they fulfil the following conditions:
- 80% attendance
- doing homework regularly
- seminar work - 2 business letters
- 60% of points in the written exam are required for the admission to the oral part.
Important information: If a student is caught using forbidden tools, cribbing, taking out any part of the exam, or cheating in any other way, the teacher is allowed to interrupt the exam and to grade the student with F, FF, or FFF according to the seriousness of the offence.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Inovace studia ekonomických disciplín v souladu s požadavky znalostní ekonomiky (CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0227)" which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2019/MPJ_JII2Fb