ESF:XPX_ZSPP Public Economics UPO - Informace o předmětu
XPX_ZSPP Public Economics and Public Finance at University of Piemonte OrientaleEkonomicko-správní fakulta
- 0/0/0. Ukončení: zk.
- doc. Ing. Robert Jahoda, Ph.D.
Katedra veřejné ekonomie - Ekonomicko-správní fakulta
Kontaktní osoba: Mgr. Jana Nesvadbová
Dodavatelské pracoviště: Katedra veřejné ekonomie - Ekonomicko-správní fakulta
- Omezení zápisu do předmětu
- Předmět je otevřen studentům libovolného oboru.
- Cíle předmětu
- The aim of the subject is to replace one or two-semester study at partner university within Double degree program of Public Economics and Public Finance. The aim of the program is to educate universal economists for public sector organizations and to prepare graduates to perform the functions of leading economic and administrative professions in the public sector and the non-state non-profit sectors. The program provides multi-disciplinary approach with strong understanding of Public Economics and Public Finance. The Double degree program prepares students for employment related to public services at central and local government levels. Students are aware of specific public policies and services (i.e. health, housing, social security, education, culture, and sport).
- Student profile by course content
- Public Economics and Public Finance courses. Courses within this area offer analytical overview of the role of public goods in the search for Pareto efficient allocations of resources. Attention is paid to institutions and different kind of transfers in context of re-distributional policy.
- Multilevel Governments, Governance and Public Policy courses focus on horizontal and vertical fiscal relations which arise from interactions between overlapping governments within public sector. Lectures also address issues of modern governance, public administration and public policy. General objective of this course is to provide to students an overview related to both theoretical and empirical aspects of multilevel governments.
- Courses on Research Methods in the Public Sector will familiarize students with necessary aspects of qualitative and quantitative research methodology and the way to use it. Students will learn about different research methods and approaches that help them analyze data sets (longitudinal or cross-sectional micro data) so they should be able to analyze correlations within the public sector and the economy. Analysis is focused on distributional aspects of public sector policies and on its spatial aspects. Methods introduced in these courses include basic econometrics techniques, Cost-Benefit Analysis and financial mathematics techniques
- Seminars on Public Economics and Public finance provide students with knowledge of the specifics of political processes, of new insight into effectiveness of the public sector and of a process of collective decision-making. Internationally recognized scholars are invited to deliver various lectures from public economics area.
- Students of the programs have an opportunity of an internship to build sufficient practical working experience.
- Students of this program have to write a quality and problem-oriented final thesis under supervision of senior lectures from both institutions. The thesis is subject to peer-review process and oral defense in front of final examination committee consisting of senior scholars from both cooperating institutions.
- Výukové metody
- Students are required to comply with the University’s international student enrolment and admission criteria and have to obtain at least 30 ECTS per semester while studying at partner's university.
- Metody hodnocení
- Student receives credits on the basis of subjects studied and obtained at the partner university within Double degree program of Public Economics and Public Finance. These credits are recognised by the Faculty after the return of the student.
- Vyučovací jazyk