FI:IA162 Design of Embedded Systems - Course Information
IA162 Design of Embedded SystemsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Pavel Čeleda, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Zbyněk Bureš, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Zdeněk Matěj, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- Thu 17:00–18:50 B411
- Courses PA174 - Design of Digital Computersis II, PA176 - Digital Computers Architecture II, PA175 - Computer Diagnostics II and PB161 - C++ Programming are advisable source of necessary knowledges for current course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 15 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Embedded systems run the computing devices hidden inside a vast array of
everyday products and appliances such as cell phones, toys, handheld PDAs, cameras, and microwave ovens. The goal of this course is to develop a comprehensive understanding of the technologies behind the embedded systems design. The students develop an appreciation of the existing capabilities and limitations of various steps in overall design methodology -
validation/verification of embedded systems.
- Overview of embedded systems.
- Design methodologies.
- Modeling and simulation of embedded systems.
- Verification and validation.
- Design re-use.
- Software design and optimized architecture selection.
- Real-time aspects of embedded systems development.
- Component-based design.
- MARWEDEL, Peter. Embedded system design. Dordrecht: Springer, 2006. xvi, 241. ISBN 0387292373. info
- Assessment methods
- Final examination consist from 2 parts:
1) defence of the project - implementation of the design from laboratory lessons and discussion about protocol;
2) oral exam - teoretical problems from list of the passed subjects.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/spring2009/IA162