MB102 Differential and Integral CalculusFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 4 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. RNDr. Michal Veselý, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Milan Bačík (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jakub Juránek (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jiřina Šišoláková (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Petr Hasil, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jan Slovák, DrSc.
Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jan Slovák, DrSc.
Supplier department: Faculty of Science
- Mon 14:00–15:50 D3
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
MB102/02: Mon 18:00–19:50 B204, J. Šišoláková
MB102/03: Tue 8:00–9:50 B204, J. Šišoláková
MB102/04: Fri 12:00–13:50 B204, M. Bačík
MB102/05: Tue 18:00–19:50 B204, J. Juránek
- ! NOW ( MB202 Calculus B ) && ! MB202 Calculus B
High school mathematics
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 53 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is the second part of the four semester block of Mathematics. The course Differential and Integral Calculus, in particular, is concerned with the basic concepts of Calculus including numerical and applied aspects.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students will be able to:
work both practically and theoretically with the derivative and (indefinite and definite) integral;
analyse the behavior of functions of one real variable.
understand the theory and use of infinite number series and power series;
understand the selected applications of the Calculus;
apply the methods of calculus to concrete problems.
- Polynomial interpolation
- Continuous functions and limits
- Derivative and its applications
- Elementary functions
- Indefinite integral
- Riemann integral and its applications
- Infinite series and power series, Fourier series, integral transformations
- recommended literature
- RILEY, K.F., M.P. HOBSON and S.J. BENCE. Mathematical Methods for Physics and Engineering. second edition. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004. 1232 pp. ISBN 0 521 89067 5. info
- SLOVÁK, Jan, Martin PANÁK and Michal BULANT. Matematika drsně a svižně (Brisk Guide to Mathematics). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2013. 773 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-6307-5. doi:10.5817/CZ.MUNI.O210-6308-2013. Základní učebnice matematiky pro vysokoškolské studium info
- Teaching methods
- There are theoretical lectures and standard tutorial
- Assessment methods
- Two hours of lectures per week and two hours of compulsory exercises/seminar group. During the semester, two obligatory mid-term exams are avaluated (each for max 10 points). In the seminar groups, there are 4-6 half an hour exams during the semester. The seminars are evaluated in total by max 5 points. Students, who collect during the semester (i.e., in exercises and mid-term exams) less than 10 points, are graded as X and they do not proceed to the final examination. The final exam is two hours long and written for max 20 points. For successfull examination (the grade at least E), the student needs in total 20 points or more.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- PřF:M3121 Probability and Statistics I
M2100 || FI:MB001||FI:MB102||M2B02||FI:MB202
- PřF:M5858 Continuous deterministic models I
(M1110||M1111) && (M1100||M1101||FI:MB000||M1100F)||FI:MB103||FI:MB203||MB103v||FI:MB102||M2B02
- MA015 Graph Algorithms
- MB142 Applied math analysis
!MB152 && !NOW(MB152) && !MB102 && !MB202
- MB143 Design and analysis of statistical experiments
MB141 || MB142 || MB101 || MB201 || MB102 || MB202
- MB152 Differential and Integral Calculus
( !MB202 && !MB102 )
- MB153 Statistics I
( MB151 || MB101 || MB201 || MB152 || MB102 || MB202 ) && ( !MB103 && !MB203 && !MV011 )
- MB154 Discrete mathematics
!MB104 && !MB204 && ( MB101 || MB201 || MB151 || MB102 || MB202 || MB152 )
- PřF:M3121 Probability and Statistics I
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2019/MB102