FI:P072 Humanitarian Computer Applicat - Course Information
P072 Humanitarian Computer ApplicationsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: k (colloquium). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Ivan Kopeček, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Karel Pala, CSc.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Ivan Kopeček, CSc.
- Wed 11:00–12:50 B003
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Informatics (programme FI, B-IN)
- Informatics (programme FI, M-IN)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Informatics (programme FI, M-IN)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Informatics (programme FI, M-SS)
- Information Technology (programme FI, B-IN)
- Ethically motivated applications are the main goal of this working seminary. The central theme is supporting visually impaired people. Some possible topics are:
- Information systems for visually impaired people.
- Orientation of blind people.
- Obstacle detection.
- Internet, WWW.
- Computer games for blind people.
- Applications of isolated word recognition.
- Applications of speech synthesis.
- Support of informatics studium for visually impaired.
- Applications of ASR.
- Work on a phonetical corpus.
- And other topics - ideas are welcomed.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2001/P072