FI:P090 UNIX -- System Management - Course Information
P090 UNIX -- Seminar of System ManagementFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: k (colloquium). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- doc. Ing. Michal Brandejs, CSc. (lecturer)
RNDr. Jan Kasprzak, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Petr Macháček (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Jan Staudek, CSc.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. Ing. Michal Brandejs, CSc.
- Wed 10:00–11:50 B102, Wed 14:00–15:50 B102
- P077 UNIX -- Advanced Course II
We suppose perfect knowledge of UNIX on the user and programmer level and positive attitude towards UNIX. Before enrolling this course the students should go through P077 UNIX -- Programming and System Management II. The goal of labs is to improve your UNIX administration knowledge. We expect you to work not only during lab's hours.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/15, only registered: 0/15, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/15
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Informatics (programme FI, B-IN)
- Informatics (programme FI, M-IN)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Informatics (programme FI, M-IN)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Informatics (programme FI, M-SS)
- Information Technology (programme FI, B-IN)
- System installation.
- TCP/IP network configuration (DNS, FTP, WWW, bootp, ARP/RARP,...).
- Kernel configuration.
- Printer sharing.
- Modems (PPP, SLIP), serial line configuration.
- X Window System.
- Mail (sendmail, SMTP).
- Proxy servers.
- IP masquerading.
- Disk sharing.
- Network traffic monitoring.
- Data backups and restores from the tape.
- Cooperation with non-UNIX world (samba, mars).
- System security.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/spring2002/P090