FI:PA165 Java Enterprise Applications - Course Information
PA165 Enterprise Applications in JavaFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2. 4 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Tomáš Pitner, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Petr Adámek (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Jan Pavlovič, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Pavel Drášil, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Tomáš Gregar (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Martin Kuba, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Mon 18:00–19:50 A107
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
PA165/02: Thu 16:00–17:50 B130, M. Kuba, J. Pavlovič
PA165/03: Tue 16:00–17:50 B130, P. Adámek, M. Kuba
- Command of Java at a basic level (comparable to the level reached in subject PB162) is required. Basic knowledge in markup languages (XML and/or HTML) and databases is also expected.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 80 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/80, only registered: 0/80, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/80
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course aims at selected chapters from advanced Java-based system design and implementation. It outlines the methodological issues of high-quality program system design and implementation, program system testing, refactoring, performance tuning and related topics. From the technological point of view, it presents the most important APIs from Java SE and Java EE (EJB, Servlet API, JDBC, security, transactions, messaging). It brings an overview to other hot topics: web services, their protocols and web application frameworks.
- Intro to large (enterprise) Java-based application and systems
- Development tools
- Overview of selected technologies and API (JDBC, Java Security, JMX, JMS, JTS)
- Extreme Programming
- Internet applications (servlets, JSP, taglibs, Java web containers)
- Web application frameworks -- architecture and functionality
- Web services (standards, protokols, applications)
- Enterprise JavaBeans and application servers (concepts, usage patterns)
- Messaging Systems.
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Na úspěšné ukončení zkouškou je požadováno dosažení alespoň 70 bodů celkem, pro ukončení zápočtem postačí 50 bodů.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses