FI:PV179 System Development in C#/.NET - Course Information
PV179 System Development in C#/.NETFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. Ing. RNDr. Barbora Bühnová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Martin Macák (lecturer)
Bc. Ivan Vanát (seminar tutor)
Bc. Matúš Štovčik (seminar tutor)
Patrícia Andicsová (seminar tutor)
Richard Bechera (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. RNDr. Barbora Bühnová, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Basic knowledge of the C# language (best on the level of PV178), basic knowledge of HTML, and knowledge at the level of PB154 and PB007.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 50 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/50, only registered: 75/50, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 74/50
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 80 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course will extend the knowledge gained in PV178 Introduction to Development in C#/.NET through practical work on a specific project. The students will learn to create a non-trivial web application in ASP.NET Core, create REST interface, work with the ORM framework, and understand the practical usage of enterprise design patterns and other good practices. Some of the chosen lectures also introduce to students the development of various kinds of applications with the focus on the techniques and technologies supporting this task.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the students will know typical applications of the .NET framework and be able to:
- describe some of the essential technologies used in the .NET environment;
- understand and apply the principles of the multi-tier architecture;
- write applications using persistence and ORM;
- apply the enterprise design patterns;
- use good practices (for example Dependency Injection, mapping, common design patterns);
- design the application independently from the chosen ORM framework and choose the right persistent technology for the given project;
- test the individual parts of the application in isolation;
- create the non-trivial web application on ASP.NET Core platform;
- integrate the authentication and secure the application against the most common attacks;
- create REST interface for the web application.
- Data layer (Entity Framework Core, querying)
- Business logic layer (structure and related design patterns)
- Presentation layer (ASP.NET Core MVC, ASP.NET Core Web API, autentization)
- recommended literature
- LERMAN, Julia. Programming entity framework. 2nd ed. Beijing: O´Reilly, 2010. xxxvi, 875. ISBN 9780596807269. info
- FOWLER, Martin. Patterns of enterprise application architecture. Boston: Addison-Wesley, 2003. xxiv, 533. ISBN 0321127420. info
- FREEMAN, Adam. Pro ASP.NET Core MVC 2. Seventh edition. London: Apress, 2017. xxix, 1017. ISBN 9781484231494. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures (some of them will be given by selected experts in the field), practical seminars on computers, group project, project presentation.
- Assessment methods
- Successful completion and presentation of a project, active participation in lectures.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every other week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2021/PV179