FI:PV129 Computer Music II - Course Information
PV129 Computer Music IIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0. 1 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. Mgr. Ing. MgA. Dan Dlouhý, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Petr Matula, Ph.D.
Department of Visual Computing - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Visual Computing - Faculty of Informatics
- each even Thursday 12:00–13:50 A218
- PV121 Computer Music I
Knowledge at the level of course PV121 - Computer and Music I is required.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/15, only registered: 0/15, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/15
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 34 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The students will practice the knowledge learned in the course PV 121 Computer and Music I by creating a common piece of work together with a student of a graphics design specialization at FI MU. The student should deepen his/her knowledge of composition processes as well as practical skills of using computer programs for creation, modification, notation and reproduction of sounds and music. The student will learn composition basics of sound and music component of digital artistic works. At the end of the course the students will be able to create own sound and music component of a small-scale multimedia project.
- Creation of a sound and music component for a work from generative design, computer animations, movies, etc. in collaboration with students of graphics design specialization.
- Teaching methods
- Teams of up to 2 students will create music for common projects together with students of graphics design specialization at FI MU.
- Assessment methods
- To gain two credits (colloquium), the students must create a music component of a common project with a student of graphics design specialization at FI MU or a complex multimedia work of length at least 5 minutes.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/spring2017/PV129