FI:PV157 Authentication and AC - Course Information
PV157 Authentication and Access ControlFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Petr Ročkai, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Jan Krhovják, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Eva Hladká, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Mon 8:00–9:50 D3
- Register this course after PV080.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 34 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course aims to advance the knowledge of PV080 graduates in the areas of authentication and access control. A graduate of this course will be able to:
explain interdependencies and relations between different methods of authentication and access control;
estimate applicability of moder biometric authentication methods, their impact and practical problems;
judge methods of authentication in computer systems;
estimate pros and cons of different methods of authentication and access control;
apply different approaches to the design authentication solutions.
- Authentication of users: secret information, tokens. Introduction to biometric authentication. Frequently used biometrics. Problems of deploying biometrics. Data authentication. Electronic signature and its use. Authentication of machines and applications. Authorization and access control. Discretionary access control. Multilevel systems. Autentication and authorization techniques in current ICT systems.
- required literature
- MATYÁŠ, Václav (Vašek) and Jan KRHOVJÁK. Autorizace elektronických transakcí a autentizace dat i uživatelů (User authentication and electronic transaction authorization). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2008. 128 pp. 1. ISBN 978-80-210-4556-9. info
- not specified
- RAK, Roman, Václav MATYÁŠ, Zdeněk ŘÍHA, Viktor PORADA, Ondřej BITTO, John DAUGHMAN, Jean HENNEBERT, Danka SEIGOVÁ, Vlastimil STENZL, Jiří STRAUS, Marie SVOBODOVÁ and Halina ŠIMKOVÁ. Biometrie a identita člověka - ve forenzních a komerčních aplikacích (Biometrics and human identity - in forensic and commercial applications). Praha: Grada Publishing, a.s., 2008. 664 pp. Profesionál. ISBN 978-80-247-2365-5. URL info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Written final exam (about 70% of points), written mid-term exam (approx. 30% of points)
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses