FI:PV017 IT Security - Course Information
PV017 Information Technology SecurityFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Kamil Malinka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Jan Staudek, CSc.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. Ing. Jan Staudek, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Wed 15. 9. to Wed 8. 12. Wed 14:00–15:50 D2
- PV080 course should be passed before this course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 82 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able
evolve information security policy,
elaborate risk analysis,
assess adjusted level of information security guaranty,
justify measurements and controls options and
explain information security issues on the level of management of institution
- Learning outcomes
- Students completing this course will be able to fulfill the role of manager of information security
- Concepts, definitions
- Anatomy of information security
- Standardization process
- Information security management in an organization
- Steering response to security incidents
- Risk management
- Information security policy
- Information security management system, ISMS, ISMS project
- Measurement and digital evidence
- Audit and evaluation of information security
- recommended literature
- CALDER, Alan and Steve WATKINS. IT governance : a manager's guide to data security and ISO 27001 / ISO 27002. 4th ed. Philadelphia: Kogan Page, 2008. x, 372. ISBN 9780749452711. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- On-line exam in IS MU, midterm and final
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2021/PV017