FI:PV256 Android programming project - Course Information
PV256 Android programming projectFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: k (colloquium). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Bc. Jonáš Ševčík (lecturer)
Mgr. Vanda Cabanová (lecturer)
RNDr. Jaroslav Škrabálek (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Tomáš Pitner, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Tomáš Pitner, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Tue 8:00–9:50 B130
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- PV239 Mobile Application Development && SOUHLAS
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 11/30, only registered: 4/30, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/30
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to extend basic knowledge of programming mobile applications for Android platform gained in PV239 and exercise the practical application in concrete projects.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students will understand selected chapters of advanced design and implementation and they will be able to create a complex mobile application ready for publishing. They will understand the development cycle so that the application meets official guidelines from Google. After the course, students should be able to make Android applications at advanced level.
- Revision, entrance test
- Process of application designing, prototyping
- Project structure, Gradle
- Unit, user, UI testing
- Work with ADB
- Threads (Threads, Handlers, AcyncTask...), services
- Networking, caching
- Work with database, indexing
- Google Cloud Messaging
- Authentication, authorization, 3rd party APIs
- App publishing
- Teaching methods
- Laboratory workshops - code showcases, practical procedures. Consulted work in and outside of seminars on related project iterations. Students will work in pairs to experience application creation in the same way, it would be created in commercial environment. They will undergo all base phases of application development - from planning to publishing. Students will also learn how to cooperate on code making and how to manage it in a repository.
- Assessment methods
- Term project.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2019/PV256